advice please!!!! worried gal here

punter2008

Reaction score
i am having a icsi, i have had the egg collection on friday 17th october and had the embryo transfer on the monday 20th.

i started getting little cramps below my stomach but i have not lost any blood, do you think implantation has already happened???

THEN....

i had a phone call from the clinic this morning telling me that the other eggs fertilised, (5 in total) cannot be frozen because of quality. I was already told they were ok a week ago so am guessin that the embryos have encountered difficulties later.

Has anyone else had an experience like this, are they more likely to succeed indside the body rather than a lab. I am now sitting here worried. Please some advice?!?!?!

:cry:

Didn't want to read and run hun :hugs:

If you are having cramping 7 says after ET - then surely it could be implantation? They say that generally occurs between 5-10dpo if you had conceived naturally. :dust: - hope it's good news x x x

When do you test hun ??

Sounds like they have implanted and its pregnancy pain can i ask where about you are getting the pain hun ?

Your embryos have better chance inside you than in a lab thats what i was told,
I had icsi in june which failed i collected on three eggs and two both fertilised had them put back in 1 cell grade 6 and other grade cell 2 my womb lining on last day of treatment was 7.4mm what was your womb lining and what cell grade was your eggs that they put back in hun ??

I start my next icsi treatment on the 10th november :)

Also forgot to say that implantation would of took place at least day after or two days after transfare depending on cell grade so if you know what your cell grade was i will have more of a idie :)

im getting the pain at the bottom of my belly, its starts and stops when i do get them i get milder cramps. i have had them since the transfer which was monday 2oth.

i collected 22 eggs 16 were mature 8 fertilised and planted 2. i was told the others would be frozen then told today that they couldnt.

they were day 3 embryos i think 8 cells.
they never told me what my womb lining was but said everything looked good

im hoping that it was just implantation.

thanks

I'm starting my down regulation tomorrow morning for my first IVF cycle, so I don't really know the answers to your questions but wanted to wish you luck. At the clinic I am going to, they only freeze grade 1 embryos, or very good grade 2 embryos. Apparently, the likelihood of having 3 day old embryos frozen is quite slim, as their survival rate is quite poor.

Hope your pains are a good sign

:hug:

Its really hard to say what it could be. What progesterone support dosage are you on? I was on crinone 2x a day and I had niggling in my lower tummy all the time, but I thought this may have been recovery from egg collection as I was at risk of OHSS after collection from high levels of fluid in my follicles.

It could be implantation, it could be the prog working on thickening the lining, its really hard to say.

Sorry to hear about your other embies. We got 8 embies but our clinic will only grow to and transfer a blastocysts. By the 5th day, we had 2 hatching blasts (1 transfered and 1 frozen) 4 blasts and 2 12 cells. By day 6 none of them had progressed so they were all destroyed :(

Our clinic believes that if they can grow to hatching blast stage then there is a very good chance that it is an embie that will stick. They see it as weeding out the weak ones. Other clinics believe that there is no better place for growth than the uterus. It really is a debatable topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->