• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

advice please :-(

ladymilly

proud mammy
Reaction score
ok well Jack is now nearly 8 months old and has slept in his cot all night no problem since he was 5 weeks. we moved house about 2 months ago and still he was fine :) BUT then he was sick about 2 weeks ago and had 2 sleepless nights in the bed with us which i have no bother with whatsoever cos my poor little man was really sick. he is better now but is teething. he is very dribbly and his gums are rock hard and he is whingey where he wasnt before. so for the past week or so he has been a nightmare in bed. first he wouldnt go in on his own which he used to no problem. one of us would have to stay in the room with him but that has passed now :happydance: only thing is he is now waking loads during the night :cry: he is waking crying and goes back to sleep if i go in and give him his dummy. some nights are better than others but its so tiring. He used to be so good at night and now this. I know there is probably nothing i can do and it is just teething but i said i would ask anyway just in case. thanks for reading this girls :hugs::hugs:

Jay's like this too when he's teething and it can be really tiring :( Have you tried Dentinox teething gel? When Jay's teething I massage a bit in to his gums before I pop his dummy in and it usually sends him back off to sleep really quickly. I swear by the stuff :D

Hope he starts sleeping better soon.

xx

thanks hun. I havent tried anything other than calpol and that doesnt seem to make any difference. I will try that though. thanks a million hun xx

No worries hun :hugs: Hope it works for Jack too!! You can reapply it every 20 minutes which is great if they're in loads of pain (whereas Bonjela teething gel is every 3 hours).

xx

We give Caitlin medised if we KNOW shes teething despite the new rules that came out after she was born. Never more than 5ml though even now.

An extra dummy in his cot to grab for? Some bonjela just before he goes to sleep to ease any stinging on his gums whist he settles maybe?

x

thanks hun. yeah i was thinking about bongela (sp). he woke a good few times early on in the night but later on we only had to get up 2 times each with him and only just to give the dummy and settle him. i just wish he would get a tooth the poor little fella.

thanks for your advice ladies :hugs::hugs: much appreciated xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"