advice please

nutty

Mummy to 1
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any advice, I think I have flu but can not sleep at all tonight. I have really high temperature, bad headache and feel unsteady on my feet. Feeling a bit scared to be honest. I have phoned the out of hours Dr's and am waiting for them to call me back is there anything I can do to try and get my temp down?

Ringing your out of hours doctor was the best option.

A cool damn cloth to the back of the neac if you are badly hot for now - Try to calm down also stress levels high won't help you :hugs: Drink some cold water too ... x hope they ring you back soon :D

Thank you think the high temp is making me a bit more cookcoo! Am drinking soooo much cold water, didn't think of a damp cloth will go and do that now.

They usually are not long ringing back

What about NHS direct they may help with some tips for cooling down to bring the body temp down. You are allowed paracetamol btw Im sure that may help too but not 100% just 100% you can take them in pregnancy.

Tried NHS direct but there was a 4 hour wait! The Dr's should phone soon like you say. Have had a couple od paracetamols which have helped with the headache a bit just trying to cool down too. I'm not normally such a drama queen about being ill just don't feel right.

4 hr wait WTF thats really bad!

Im a :baby: when Im ill so I wouldn't worry and sounds like its worrying you so your no drama queen at all. Natural reaction and its pants when your restricted and wonder what you can & can't do whist pregnant.

Try taking a like warm bath too and some tylenol.
And i would go to the dr too

Did they ring you back Nutty? Are you feeling any better?

Sorry for the delay yep they rang me back unfortunately they took a wee while, but they said the same as you guys. Take paracetamol and try and keep cool. Stayed in bed all day yesterday but today am feeling a bit better. Think I was being a big wuss as it's just flu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->