Advice please?

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
So I'm sitting on my sofa trying to wind ds2 and ds1 is playing when I look out the window (directly opposite the sofa) when I see a man walking off our driveway (off road) I'm not sure if he walked up from our back garden (small walkway to garden no direct access to any other path) or if he was on our driveway. We have some rubbish at the end of the driveway maybe he was looking through that. I know this guy.. Well not know know but he's known round the city centre as a druggy and I thought he was homeless. I work up there and used to work in a well known bank as a cashier and hi and his gf I believe would come in all the time. They always stink of Bo, she had obviously lots of problems and he would take her money. It was defo him. I see him round the centre all the time. I told my oh but by then he had gone. I had pointed him out to my oh in the past so when I told him who it was he knew who I was talking about. He thinks he might live round here as he said he has seen him in the shop. Now this isn't a dodgy area either..far from it tbh (altho not rich just sought after) we also live next door to a primary school too. So my question is should I report it? He might of been looking through our rubbish, but he might of been looking round the back of house. I don't know. I'm pretty sure the police will know who he is. I remember we had to call the police on them when I worked in the bank as they caused a scene.
My oh thinks we should leave and keep an eye see if we see him again. I was just thinking of ringing the non emergency number.
Thanks! X

Yeah I'd definitely mention it. Be extra vigilant too, make sure you're putting on the alarms etc.

You should have a community police officer for your area.

If you go online, you can find the details you need at police.uk

Report it-it could be one of a handful of incidents linked to this man. If he's innocent, he's nothing to worry about.

Better safe than sorry.

We reported it by ringing 101. It was logged and they sent police out to the area to look for him. We were advised that if we see him on our property again to ring straight back.
We have no alarm system so oh is gonna b extra vigilant with doors etc. if we see it again we may invest in CCTV. Xx

We reported it by ringing 101. It was logged and they sent police out to the area to look for him. We were advised that if we see him on our property again to ring straight back.
We have no alarm system so oh is gonna b extra vigilant with doors etc. if we see it again we may invest in CCTV. Xx

I called 101 when I saw someone looking through my garden gate (he could only access it via a long private road!)
They sent an officer straight to my house to have a look in the garden and also said they had a police car driving around the area looking for the man.
They logged my complaint in case there were similar calls from neighbours, or if he came back later.
I was amazed and pleased at their response.
We have invested in CCTV and a motion activated security light.

Stay safe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->