Advice please

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
OKay this is going to sound weird but anyone in the same boat will understand.
I want to gain 14lbs, At the moment I am 81/2 stone I want to get to 91/2. So what I need is ideas of how to gain weight I have tried everything, I cant afford to go to a gym so I am on my own. I know a lot will read this and think Lucky Bitch, not so, I want curves and boobs:hissy:
So any advice is welcome.
And if there is anyone in the same boat maybe we could help each othe.r

To lose one pound per week, you need to burn 500 more calories a day than you take in. So you either cut 500 calories from your diet, or burn 500 calories through exercise, or do a combination.
I imagine, the same is true in reverse.
You would need to up your caloric intake by about that much.
Keep track of what you're eating and find an online calculator to figure out calorie content of each thing. Add it all up and then go see if you have been eating enough to start with. If you haven't even been getting enough calories all along, just going up to your recommended daily intake will probably help fill you out. Add calories from there!:)

try eating foods high in saturated fats, - like cheese and red meat, also try eating extra carbs, especially simple carbs, like white bread, potatoes etc

Saturated fats are what you eat less of on diets like ww, so it should help you gain if you eat more. Carbs that aren't used are stored as fat.

Eat what I used to eat:blush:

joking aside I used to have this problem and wished I had more weight on then when it started to go on it really went on and then I put on too much and then had to diet:dohh:

Just eat more fatty foods and it'll eventually go on hun:hugs:

I used to have this problem - I used to weigh 8 1/2 stone and am 5"11, so I was very underwieght!! I tried everything - muscle building exercise, weight gain diets and drinks - the works. Nothing happened. Then one day, I just started putting it on. I now weigh nearly 12 stone (pre-pregnancy weight). I think if we obsess about it, then it doesn't happen.
I hope you find something that works for you hun, I know how hard it is to be underweight and how nasty people can be about it.
Good luck x x:hug:

Thanks girls, I do eat like a pig everything and anything, I am very healthy and active but no matter what I do weight will not go on me!!!!! It is so annoying I am 5'6 and 81/2 stone so I am borderline but the amount of people that assume that I dont eat and have an eating disorder is unbelievable. People keep telling me it will go on eventually but I am 30 years old with two kids and I still weigh the same as I did when I was 18. !!!!!
Thanks for the advice and I will try it all. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->