advice please?!

jojo23

mum to 1 angel baby
Reaction score
hi girls just got my first AF after mmc in february. im a bit lost as i want to TTC again straight away but havent a clue where to start...ive never tracked my ovulation teps etc. should i get some ovulation kits etc??? ay advice would b great as i def dont want to miss my ovualtion. im on day 3 of AF at the moment and before miscarriage always had a normal cycle. thanks xxx:hugs:

Sorry about your loss hun.

Yeh, I think getting some opks is a good place to start you can pick them up pretty cheeply on the internet. See how you get on with them and if you dont get your BFP then try temping!

Good luck.x:flower:

Hey Jojo I am sorry for your loss :hugs:

Opk don't always work for everyone so I would start temping now as it is the only way to confirm ovulation. Perhaps try using both?

The most important advice I can offer is listen to your body - you may find your loss has effected it. Personally my periods became really light (meaning my lining would be too thin) and my cm dried up (possible hostile womb due to loss and clomid) I then started taking supplements to combat these areas and am now pretty much back to normal.

Good luck xxx

thanks girls had my 6 week follow up this morning and got the ok from doctor to try again as all test results came back normal from my miscarriage. will def try using opks and ill give the temping a go and see how i get on. thanks again :hugs: to you both

jojo, I'd reccomend joining fertility friend and getting the hang of that. Buy a BBT - basel body tempreture - thermometer and start temping every day at the same time, after 3 hours sleep at least, but try and do it on the dot every morning before getting out of bed, drinking or anything. This will show you when you have already ovulated so unless you check your cervical fluid and cervix as well you won't know untill you've actually ovulated, so use OPK's if you want to pin point ov to be sure to catch that eggy. There is lots of advise and different methods people use for opk's, I find FMU best for me (everyone is different) and before I became pregnant my cycles regulated to ov on CD21, at first I used the opk's from day 10 or so and then every day untill I saw a darkening line, I would then use 2 or 3 a day to be sure not to miss surge, once I got + I'd ov the day after, confirmed by a tempreture rise the next day.

Good luck with however you choose to go forward and I hope this helps a little :)

jojo, I'd reccomend joining fertility friend and getting the hang of that. Buy a BBT - basel body tempreture - thermometer and start temping every day at the same time, after 3 hours sleep at least, but try and do it on the dot every morning before getting out of bed, drinking or anything. This will show you when you have already ovulated so unless you check your cervical fluid and cervix as well you won't know untill you've actually ovulated, so use OPK's if you want to pin point ov to be sure to catch that eggy. There is lots of advise and different methods people use for opk's, I find FMU best for me (everyone is different) and before I became pregnant my cycles regulated to ov on CD21, at first I used the opk's from day 10 or so and then every day untill I saw a darkening line, I would then use 2 or 3 a day to be sure not to miss surge, once I got + I'd ov the day after, confirmed by a tempreture rise the next day.

Good luck with however you choose to go forward and I hope this helps a little :)

thanks so much wish2bmum this is great advice!!! just really want to get pregnant again now that i know what could have been, cant wait to be a mum. thanks again for your advice ill definitely start things off now by getting the Basal thermometer. :hugs: to you xxxx

I have been BBT religiously since December and TBH I have just had enough. This cycle DH and I are staying away from OPK and BBT and have been advised by his GP to only have :sex: a maximum of 3 times a week.

I still feel deep down that we won't conceive until Julyish but at least now I am not so stressed :haha:

JoJo if you need any more advice or just want to chat I am only ever a PM away :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->