Advice please!

Christine33

Reaction score
hoping someone can help me out!

My baby boy Ali has just turned 5 months and i am wondering if it is too young to start him with a sippy cup (just with water in it). i gave it to him yesterday to play with lol and he was taking it up his mouth.....is he still too young to drink from it though?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Christine
XXXXX

cannot believe i am posting in the weaning section now!!!!

Its recommended at 6 months but I had max drinking from his at 5 months so I don see a problem as long as hes ok with it :)

thanks! I think i will give it a whirl with a little bit of water in it to see how he gets on. it seems really exciting moving on from bottles to beekers (how sad am i lol).

Christine
XXX

Its not too young at all...i know people say 6months but i think they say they usually mean the latest you should start is 6months. However i started my son on a sippy cup at about 4months (obviously i was holding it)...i got the tommee tippee weaning cup for 4months plus...HV thought it was a great idea...some people introduce it at 3months as you get sippy cups for 3months plus too...

Goodluck hun...xx

my baby is 5 months and i got the tommee tippee 4 month cup and she still struggles but she'll get the hang of it...thing is she hates water....

Ally is a couple of weeks older than your Ali and he has been sipping out of his little cup for a while now. Just a little bit. I think we have a vital (or something?) one. It's lovely and easy for him to drink from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->