Advice/Reassurance For Anyone Who Experiences A Baby Tooth Being Knocked Out.

OMG thanks so so much for posting this! My DS hit his on our ceramic sink and has been this dark for a couple of months, I got myself so upset that it will just drop out!! Thanks for giving me hope.. Here is Reggie's

https://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx37/Moomooms/6A0BDA0A-CEED-43DC-97A3-2BB661014C96-453-000000470FC5112A.jpg

Awww thats exactly what Aymens started to look like, but i am hopeful that if Reggies eating on it and doesnt complain of any pain from it then the tooth may be ok, just a little discoloured, thats all.

Seriously in the last week or so, Aymens just keeps getting lighter and lighter and its been a couple of months since this all happened.

Reggies gorgeous tho, regardless and its really not that noticeable unless you point it out to ppl.

This makes me so sad, I still haven't really come to terms with it :(

Daisy slipped in the snow, typically as we got to the front door. She screamed and I couldn't see a mark on her. Get inside and she has blood trickling down her chin. Looked in her mouth and her poor tooth was completely cracked in half into the pulp? (both halves still attached in the gum) Took her straight to dentist who referred her to an emergency dentist who 2/3 weeks later fitted her in :dohh:

Anyway she had to have it out under general anaesthetic and bar losing Alex, by far the most heartbreaking moment in my life. Holding her as she was put to sleep for a tooth. Cried and cried, my hot tears fell on her poor girl.

Her adult tooth may be damaged too - gutted for her. Each time she looks in the mirror she says my tooth is gone mummy :(

Glad your little boys tooth is okay x

Im so sorry hun, it really is heartbreaking, isnt it. I literally had a melt down and was sobbing for days, there was nothing i couldve done to prevent it but the guilt was still there. I also think i focused alot on the vanity side of things and worried people would think that i was just not taking care of his teeth.

But as the dentist pointed out, all his other teeth are fine and healthy so that couldnt be further from the truth.

If its any consolation, i still to this day get really upset thinking of that night :(

https://instagr.am/p/V1B-MiAHOv/

Oh Hayley, shes adorable... :flower:

https://instagr.am/p/UlLzKQAHI5/

Can they not fit her with a temporary tooth? For what it's worth she looks sooooo cute even with tooth missing :hugs:

I dont think they will fit a temp tooth for a baby tooth, i asked my dentist and he said he wouldnt as he sees no point and that waiting it out for the adult tooth is your best bet really.

I couldnt agree more, either...shes gorgeous :hugs:

Thanks for posting, great to know! But how did you toddler deal with the tooth wiggling around his mouth all the time? Wasn't he constantly playing with it and touching it with his fingers and tongue??

Thanks for posting, great to know! But how did you toddler deal with the tooth wiggling around his mouth all the time? Wasn't he constantly playing with it and touching it with his fingers and tongue??

I suppose cos it was a little painful he just steered clear of it and surprisingly just left it alone.

I encouraged him not to touch it and i guess he just listened, i think fiddling with it hurt him.

It really didnt wriggle around to much, to be honest cos the roots quite deep and you're literally popping it back UP to the root so its as secure as it can be for a newly damaged tooth.

xxx

I'd of never thought to put it back in, thanks Lellow!

Glad Aymen's ok now :hugs:

Hi Lellow, thank you for posting this! It does really help for Mum like me.
I have few question, I know it's been over 7 years since you posted this. Hope you can help me answer on some of my questions.
- did you had to some type of mouth guard to hold the tooth?
- how old was he went he knocked out his tooth.
- did the permanent tooth got affected by putting it back on?
- how his tooth now? Did the permanent pushed the baby tooth out naturally?

Sorry for all these questions, hopefully you can me.

Thank you!

Hi Lellow, thank you for posting this! It does really help for Mum like me.
I have few question, I know it's been over 7 years since you posted this. Hope you can help me answer on some of my questions.
- did you had to some type of mouth guard to hold the tooth?
- how old was he went he knocked out his tooth.
- did the permanent tooth got affected by putting it back on?
- how his tooth now? Did the permanent pushed the baby tooth out naturally?

Sorry for all these questions, hopefully you can me.

Thank you!

The OP hasn't been online in over a year, so it's unlikely you'll get a response. Maybe you could start a thread of your own and people will hopefully respond there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->