Advice regarding furbabies...sorry OT!

lexey_7

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I thought I'd look to you for advice as there isn't really anybody else I can ask and I know there's some real animal lovers here.

Some of you probably remember that about a month ago one of my Pomeranians, coby, had a horrible seizure out of the blue and we though he was a goner but amazingly he pulled through and has been doing great :happydance: (touch wood!)
Since then I haven't left him or his brother rupert alone, it's been quite tricky but if I've had to go out they have gone to my moms.

Anyway.. I'm supposed to be going on holiday to Devon on the 29th with my OH and his family (not so enthusiastic woo! But that's another story!!) The problem is that my mom is also away and doesn't get back until 2nd; I'd originally looked at kennels or OH's dad but hadn't really sorted anything out. Then all this happened, and I thought I would have to stay home with them until my mom got home but I'm starting to feel a little sad I'll be missing half of my holiday :cry:
Kennels can't be an option anymore because they won't provide the 24hour supervision I want him to have and I don't trust his dad at all! (he's getting better but still takes the odd bit of heroin and god knows what else! I just wouldn't enjoy myself)

Sorry wafting on... the point was I have been looking at house sitters, thinking I could stay at home on the Saturday and Sunday with them then have a house sitter on the Monday for 24hours until my mom comes home and then I get 5days of my holiday.
Have any of you ladies used one before? It's £40 for 24hours and they just sit with your pets at your house. It all seems legit with crb checks and an initial meeting. I just don't know :nope: maybe I'm being so selfish and shouldn't even consider one extra day holiday when I'm just so lucky my precious boy is alive. What do you think? I'm getting a bit overwhelmed never being able to leave the house because I'm scared to leave him so maybe I'm hormonal and not thinking straight :wacko:

(also came across a daycare place they could go to for 1 or 2 afternoons a week with games ect. that looked amazing, although really expensive £20 per dog! It would be great so I could go shopping and things:happydance: have to try and work on OH! Does anybody have any experience with doggy daycare?)

Thank you so much ladies, sorry it's totally unrelated to pregnancy!!
Xxxx

I don't really have any input but it seems a lot of money to pay someone for sitting in your house! Do you trust any of your neighbours enough to ask them to look after your furbabies until your mum comes back?
I would probably delay by a day if I really couldn't leave them by themself!
It's a shame you live so far away, I would have looked after them for you, bit of company during the day would have been nice in the run upto baby, lol. :haha:

Try local pet sitters. Our dogs wouldn't cope in kennels so our dog groomer had our two while we were getting married. Luckily she does pet sitting too. They can be pricey at around £12.50 a day each. Try findpetboarding.com

So...I'm not sure if you know any young couples that aren't out on their own yet that might appreciate house sitting/dog sitting to get out of their parent's house.

My husband and I are quite mature for our ages so most of our friends are quite a bit older than us and had their own homes before us as when we were younger, we were staying at my in laws until we saved our down payment as we didn't want to rent. We house sat/dog sat for our friends all the time and loved it...we didn't charge a cent and just enjoyed the alone time together without our parents around all the time. We brought our own groceries, a couple bottles of wine and thought of it as a mini vacation of our own cause we weren't in our parents house for a weekend or week...whatever it happened to be as even though we were staying with parents for a good reason, we still liked to have our own alone time. this could be an option if you know anyone mature enough to do so that you would trust...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->