Advice...

sept2010

Mummy and expecting
Reaction score
Im considering a home birth...do you think its too late to get the ball rolling?
I didnt see my normal mw at my 36 week appt on monday. And she suggested i consider a homebirth since my last pregnancy and birth went well and this pregnancy is progressing well too.
Is it too.late to consider a homebirth considering ill be full term tomorrow!

No! It's not too late! But I would phone and speak to your mw as soon as possible so that it can be added to their list to ensure there is mw cover for when you go into labour. I know my homebirth wasn't "signed off" until I was 37+4ish, even though I had said I wanted one since my booking apt, so you've still got time.

Getting things together isn't much of an issue. As far as things that you need to buy:
plastic sheeting: B&Q/DIY store cheapy-cheap
Birth pool (if you wanted to go down that line): speak to birth pool in a box - they send out same day for next day delivery, but don't ship out on a Friday in winter months, but you could get it shipped tomorrow.
Birth Ball (if you wanted one): sports shop yoga ball
Stuff to get together that you'd already have:
Towels
All the stuff you would have in your hospital bag!

You may want to find child care for your other LO, but that's personal preference. I know lots of ladies here have had homebirths and their other children have slept right through it.

That's about all I can think of really. If you want any more information, feel free to shout! :)

Thanx...im just waiting to speak to a local homebirth support worker.. i want to ask her what the home birth services r like in the area. Shes not answering the phone though. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janebe345
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->