Advice?

ashleymarie3

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a new member, not TTC but NTNP. I do want to be TTC, but I don't graduate from university until this May, and I know that it's best to wait. Also, my fiancee and I would like to get married first. But we love kids and would really love one, and we just want it to be right. Also, I think my maternal cravings are just going wild, haha! Although I say NTNP, we do use the pull-out method. However, I'm having some strange symptoms, and I would love any advice you guys would be willing to give to me. It'd be much appreciated!

In November of last year, I got PID from tampon-use. It was a mild case, I believe, but very painful. I believe that might have contributed to a "scare" I had in November right before being diagnosed when I was two days late for my period. Then, the period was extremely light. (I can't help but be hopeful though sometimes, even though I know I probably need to wait). Obviously, the PID affected my period and made it irregular that month.

My first period was at age 13 (I'm about to turn 26! :happydance:), and ever since, my periods have been very regular. They're usually always very very heavy. Over the last year, I've tracked my periods using a period tracker app, and it looks like I have a pretty regular 28 day cycle (until the mishap in November). December was back to normal, perhaps just a shade lighter.

My period in December started on the 11th and ended on the 15th. My fiancee and I did the DD (I believe this is the term? I'm still new to this!) on the 16th, and then again on the 30th. According to my app, my ovulation day was supposedly on the 25th (Christmas!), but I was out-of-state for the holidays, away from my fiancee until I got home on the 30th.

My period was supposed to come on the 8th of January. It did not. I did take a PT that day (Clearblue Digital that says "Not Pregnant" or "Pregnant" and has a countdown clock) and it was a BFN. Today, I finally saw some pink when I went to the bathroom, so I decided my AF had come finally, and I used a tampon. When I took it out, there was nothing. There has been nothing but a tiny bit of pink (very unusual for me). I'm thinking there is a possibility that it might still come back because I have been crampy and nauseous the past few or so days, but I am worried.

I realize this might not be the right place to post this, but I'm worried too that it might be any problems leftover from the PID or possibly something worse, or hormonal problems of some sort. This is very unusual stuff for me, and I just don't know how to deal with it. I do have a doctor appointment on Friday, so I'm hoping maybe then I can get some answers and make sure it's not anything very serious.

I'm also wanting to know if there's still a possibility that I could be pregnant and if anyone thinks I should test again tomorrow morning. (My last test I did at night, right after a failed first attempt. I'm really terrible at peeing on a stick, apparently!) And if there is a possibility, this wouldn't be implantation bleeding, right? And if that's true, then what does this blood mean?

I apologize for such a long post! I've been very stressed about this issue ever since I missed my AF on the 8th.

Thanks,
Ashley

If you really ovulated on the 25th (not everyone ovulates when the calendar predicts it) and the days you dd. I don't think you could be pregnant. The only way you could be pregnant is if you didn't ovulate when the calendar predicted it. Did you have any fertile mucus around 25th or cramping or anything to indicate ovulation?

I can't remember if I did or not, to be honest. I feel like I remember telling my mom I had a little bit of pain in my right lower pelvic area right before I left for home. But I definitely had a whitish mucous around the time we DTD on the 30th and pretty much after that since. And the cramping started about a five days ago, I think. I wish I would have wrote down all of my symptoms by day. But for the most part, all the symptoms I've been having have been recent, after we DTD. Could this mean my ovulation is off? And if so, is there a cause for that or does it it just happen randomly. I do have a past for follicular cysts as well, so maybe that could be a part playing in here to my symptoms maybe?

The cramping has definitely been more persistent though the last few days, which is what makes me believe that maybe my MC is just being finicky or something. Maybe AF will come in the morning. These do seem more like AF symptoms, don't they?

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate the help! :)

Also, I've been having a mild ache in my lower pelvic area. This is also a symptom of MC, correct? I know it's also a symptom of early pregnancy, but I'm assuming that you're probably right about chances of not being pregnant being pretty high because of my cycle, OD, FD's, DD, ect.

I just wish, if this is my AF, that it would just start normally already! I've been so stressed lately with other things, and I feel like this is just another stress I've been having that's kind of taking me over the top, you know? I think I'd feel relieved if I could just either have my AF or a BFP, because I'm starting to get so worried that it could potentially be something more serious. I wish I could see my doctor earlier! I think I'll try and see if there is some way I can get an earlier appointment and get all this figured out ASAP.

One last reply (and I apologize for replying so much in a row, haha, but is there a way to edit these things?):

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up here, also. It's difficult sometimes. I know we're not TTC, but I do wish sometimes that we were. Like I said, I know it's not the right time, but I've honestly wanted to be a mother since I was a little girl. It's always been my dream, over anything else. So, even those these types of things don't happen often because we do try to be as careful as we can ( like a late period, ect.), I can't help but hoping sometimes. And sometimes I just really don't want to get my hopes up.

So, I also wanted to thank you for being completely honestly and real with me. It actually does help a lot. It's definitely what I need right now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->