Advice!

littlelegs91

Reaction score
Right so, me and dh have been trying for baby no 2 for nearly 2 years, we have a three year old Daughter, I haven't been to the doctors yet due to fear of being turned away! Our daughter took 16 months to conceive so we have been trying for baby no2 for more time than our dd! I have been doing ovulation tests and haven't had a positive! And my periods have gone to around 50 days! I just wonder if Anyone for the uk has had this kind of problem and havent just been turned away from their doctor! I'm afraid because I have a living daughter they won't want to help! X

I am in the U.K., but haven't been in the same situation. I honestly cannot think of a reason why you would get turned away though. It's not like you are going and saying "give me nhs ivf!" You just want to go and get checked and make sure everything is working, or start something like clomid, right? I think they say after one year trying you should go to the dr, so two years is definitely time, and they won't tell you to leave. I imagine they'll start with blood tests to check hormones, which is something I had done when I went when ttc #1 and was having crazy long cycles (70 days)

Make an appointment and go. They are there to help you x

I'm in the UK. They won't turn you away for sure - you couldn't have nhs IVF, but are still entitled to all the tests and any other treatment up to that point. Good luck :)

Thank you ladies I will make an appointment I'm currently on cycle day 38! X

Could you have PCOS? I don't know a huge amount about it but I'm pretty sure it isn't uncommon to have OPKs that become darker but don't actually get to positive, sometimes multiple times per cycle, and also with long cycles too, I hear this is common.
I don't think your doctor will turn you away, you have been trying for quite some time now so I think this plus your cycles warrants further investigation. If for any reason your doctor isn't helpful then can you try another doctor at your surgery? I'm also in the UK and we have a number of doctors at our surgery and actually they all seem to have quite a few now (in comparison to when I was little, we only had one GP at the surgery!).
I hope your appointment is helpful and you get some answers

Thank u ladies I think I will def make an appointment as I only tired for 16 months with my daughter but my periods were regular and I got a positive ovulation test! This time for about 8 months my periods haven't got a pattern and no positive! It would even be good to find out what has happened to them lol xx

So been to the doctor have started with bloods as my periods seem to have stopped now! Currently on day 63 and negative tests!! So being tested for everything including early menopause, as if I have pcos my periods wouldn't have been regular for a year! Fingers crossed I get some answers.

Hi ladies I have had my bloods back they are all fine not really sure what path to go down now I.e go back to the doctors or kind of wait it out don't really no what tests will be next x

I am glad all your bloods came back fine. I hope that they can help you further in getting some answers :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->