advice ??

honeybunny31

Mum of 2 &Pregnant PostVR
Reaction score
Hi ladies sorry not been around much been really busy at work with new job! I hope you are all well I need some help and some advice on my personal situation if you don't mind? I went for a smear test just over a week ago and I received a letter from Gloucester Royal Hospital on Sat morning stating that my smear had shown up borderline abnormal results, and that I would need to have a repeat test done in 6 months (dec), I went and saw the doc this morning with hubby to discuss this and she reassures me that this is absoultely not cancer and chances are that the cells will revert back to normal of their own accord over the next couple of months, however the leafet that was sent to me from the hospital stated that it was important not to get pregnant until I have received the all clear as treatment or further tests cannot be carried out whilst pregnant due to pregnancy hormones! When DH had reversal our doctor told us that the first 12 months after vr are the golden time, with the best possible chance of conception so we really do not want to wait until Dec to try for a baby. My doctor said to me this am that in an ideal world I would postpone trying for a baby until I have received the all clear on the next smear, but she also stated that she knows how much trying for a baby means after vr, she said it was my call on whether I wait or continue to try. Hubby thinks we should carry on trying, but just had a massive row with my mum over this who thinks that I am being stupid and that I would (could) be putting my life in danger if I get pregnant between now and December, feel gutted that my mum is not being more supportive, she just doesn't understand how badly dh and I want a baby of our own, can you give me your thoughts as I feel so confused right now

difficult one.....

you need your GP to spell out ALL the pros, cons and possibilities. Only you and your OH can decide

Your GP is right in that you can only have the repeat smear 3 months after giving birth if you fell pregnant soon.

If it were me in the same situation ,I would wait , I would rather make sure I was well, rather than worry all pregnancy and risk a smear problem which could be serious. but that's my personal opinion

:hugs:
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"