Advice?

sillyteenasks

Reaction score
There may be a little too much information in this post, but i just want to be completely honest and ask for some handy advice.

I am 18 years old and have been dating my boyfriend (who is also 18) for roughly 8 months now and have been sexually active for 4 of those months. The first month we used condoms, we had a couple slip ups (the condom broke) and I took plan B after each incident. When I got to school I decided to go on birth control. I am now on my 3rd month of LUTERA (the off brand of Alyse). Since then, after both getting tested for STDs and STI and getting negative results (he was my first, though I was not his), we have stopped using condoms altogether. We don't like them. However when we have sex, he still finishes inside of me (personally, I like it better that way). I take my pill regularly, placebos and all. And have not really experienced any adverse symptoms of my bc. My question is, if we continue not to use condoms, to help me NOT get pregnant, should he pull out instead?

If it has any bearing, we only see each other only two or three days a month (ah the joys of long distance). So we don't have sex all the time, although we we do see each other, its a different story lol.

Any advice, or words of wisdom from experience would be most appreciative :]

If you're on the pill there should be no need for him to withdraw as the pill protects you from getting pregnant as long as you take it as you should do.

I have been on the pill for 8 years roughly, and for most of that time me and OH don't use anything other than the pill. He does not withdraw and I've never become pregnant.

:] you made me feel so much better. Obviously there is always the risk, but one of my friends back home was trying to convince me that i would get pregnant because people who are on the pill get pregnant all the time. I figure as long as i take them around the same time, don't take antibiotics, and don't miss any i should be protected. So again thanks :]

There is a chance that you could get pregnant. The pill is 99% effective. That means that in one year 1 woman will become pregnant using the pill correctly. That means taking it at the same time everyday (within the hour), don't miss any pills etc. Its up to the two of you whether you want to run that risk or not. If he pulls out then the risk is dramatically reduced, although the risk is small to begin with. You just have to ask yourself: how would I handle pregnancy if it happened? and Is the risk worth the feeling of having him not pull out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->