AF 3 days late, and BFN - advice?

ewarden26.2

Reaction score
Hi all - my husband and I have been tic for 10 months. I got pregnant over this past summer on cycle 2 and miscarried at approx. 6w. My cycles are 29-31 days like clockwork since I went off bcp last March. We dtd every other day during what I think was my most fertile period (I am not using opk, just calendar charting and going off cm). My AF was due on 2/7 at the latest (31 days) I took a hpt on 2/9 and it was negative. I had some cramping about 3 days before my period was due, slight bb soreness, occasional pulling in my abdomen, slight fatigue but nothing so overwhelming that screamed to me that I must be pregnant, however I had a "feeling" that this was my month and I have been having super vivid, crazy dreams for the past few weeks. (Could just be that I'm making myself crazy with the whole ttc thing...)

I am curious whether its common to randomly have significantly longer cycles every so often- or if I could actually be pregnant and just testing too early? I was on bcp for 8 years, but I always had very regular cycles before I went on the pill, and since going off I have had very regular cycles (even after the miscarriage it was approx 30 days before I got my period again).

When I was pregnant over the summer I did not get a positive result until 5 weeks, but ultimately my doc said my hcg numbers never rose properly and I miscarried at 6.5weeks. My sisters both had issues with low progesterone, is that something that can affect that?

I am planning to test again on Friday if AF is not here but I am interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this more than once and hopefully hear some positive stories....

I am also now 4 days late in a pretty consistent 29 day cycle. I am concerned acupuncture has lengthened it. I feel AF is coming. . Bfn 4x and no pregnancy signs as such.

Sorry can't help but there too :-(

I usually have short 26 say cycles but occasionally 30 days (every 4th-ish). Fingers crossed for you.

Just an update - now at 5 days past when AF was due and still nothing. I took a test this morning and I thought I might have seen the slightest of pink lines, but nothing definitive.

At this point I don't have a ton of hope since I would assume that this far past when AF was due I would definitely be getting a positive...I do read occasional posts of people not getting their bfp until a week or more after AF is due... anyone on here gone on to have a successful pregnancy with a super-late bfp?

I'll test again in a few days and if no AF (or bfp) by the weekend I will make an apt with my doc.

I'm in the same boat a week late today and still bfn. Keep us posted

Finger crossed for you both x x
My AF hit yesterday, 4 days late. I'm ok...knew it was coming and glad to move onto next cycle

My AF was 10 days late last month! I have pretty regular cycles too so I was very confused. When I was still getting negative tests a week after AF was due though I knew it was probably just a wacky cycle. However, during that time I read many stories of people getting very late BFPs! So you never know :winkwink: Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->