AF after only 3 weeks since mc?? still showing positive HCG levels though?

ebaz

A teeny bit PAL
Reaction score
Hi all

First post on here..... I have been a member for months now, first in the pregancy forums and now unfortunately in the TTC after a loss. I know there are numerous threads regarding when AF arrives after a MC, but just want some advice/hear any others experiences.

We found out our little one didnt have a heartbeat anymore on January 6th. Scan previous week showed one, but baby didnt seem as big as we'd hoped (We were certain I was 11 weeks along but baby only measured 6-7).

I had medical management on 13th January and the miscarriage was classed as 'complete' by an internal scan again on 21st January.

I have bled on and off since then, with only slight spotting in the last week (more after BD!) lol. but yesterday and today I am bleeding more again and am half thinking its AF already? AF always arrived around the 3rd/4th of each month before the pregnancy so thats whats making me question it?

I have researched sooooo many things since miscarrying and was led to believe that the 'average' is 4-6 weeks. its 4 weeks since we found out there was no heartbeat but only 3 since the MM?

also, being the control freak I am I have been doing pregnancy tests quite often to see when my levels are back down and they have gone from 2-3 weeks, using the digital tests to 1-2 weeks in the last week but I am still classed as 'pregnant'??? can AF arrive if my levels are still there, although small. I am really hoping it is so we can start getting back to normal again and try again.

sorry for the long thread...I do go on a bit!! ha

I read online that all bleeding has to stop for 21 days before new bleeding can be classified as AF. I received a negative HPT at 5 weeks after my loss but that was also the first time I took a test so it could have been negative before then. I would give it another two weeks to see if you get a negative test.

thanks Thruthbtold, the information is sooooo conflicting whichever site you read, thank god for this forum I say which gives actual personal experiences :thumbup:

I suppose its just wishful thinking, but it sure feels like AF.....cramping and backache!!... the spotting I had was very very light and dark brown- every third day or something, but this time the flow is heavy and red.

I wish I didnt have the digital tests as the cheapy non-digital ones I would read as not pregnant.

thanks again for your reply x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->