AF after Provera

samae23

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Wondering what your experiences might have been with taking provera. I took 10 MG provera for 7 days, and 2 days after the last pill I started spotting (brown). Then the next day I got what I thought was AF...it was bright red and I'd say medium flow (sorry if tmi). Then the next day I had absolutely nothing. This seems weird to me...1-2 day AF?? Was this actually it?? I've read that people tend to have heavier AFs after and sometimes longer. I'm so confused!

Hi! I've taken provera five times now (finished my last pill 6 days ago, still waiting on AF)......Unfortunately, it has actually only worked for me once ever (after a round of Clomid)....and it was exactly as you described, I started off brown spotting, I had one day of what I would call regular bleeding....and then I had essentially nothing...just a few days of dark brown spotting and only when I wiped, nothing on a pad..

My understanding is that during the first half of your cycle, Estrogen dominates, and builds up your lining and thickens it. Then, Progesterone breaks down your lining. Say, your estrogen was low during the first half of your cycle and never really built up much lining...then you would have a significantly less flow than "normal" after Provera...and sometimes nothing. In my case, I don't think that my lining is being built up really at all, and thats why Provera isn't really doing anything for me in general.

As long as you are bleeding at all though, I would still call that a positive response to Provera. In my case, more times than not...I don't get any bleeding.

Hope this helped a little. Good Luck!

Thank you! Yes that was really helpful!! :) Now I'm just using opks, checking CM, and BBT to see if I even O this month...

With provera I always have weird AF. AF is currently here for me, I spot brown for the first day of AF which is generally 2/3 days after my last tablet, then nothing, then bright red, then nothing. It comes and goes like this for a few days then goes completely.

I took provera last week and started spotting Sunday night, but AF arrived in full swing yesterday, to the point I woke up with it all over my sheets. I've taken provera twice now and this has happened on both occasions. Usually I don't get my AF at all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->