AF Changes - Does it matter?

sw121

Mum of 1
Reaction score
I've been wondering whether changes in my cycle may affect my fertility. Until I went on the POP pill about 8 years ago I had regular periods, albeit ones you couldn't set your clock by, so it might be 29 days one month and 35 days the next. AF would last the best part of a week and the first 2/3 days would be heavy.

When I went on POP, AF stopped completely and this was the case for about 4 years until I stopped taking it to TTC #1.

I had one AF after coming off POP (6 weeks after coming off it), had AF that lasted nearly and week and then conceived straight away.

I went back on POP three weeks after having DS and was on it until late last year. However when I was on POP this time, instead of AF stopping like before, I continued having AF, but this time my cycle was shorter (I didn't actively monitor how many days, but it did vary and sometimes was as little as 3 weeks) and AF was short at about 3 days.

Since I've come off POP my cycle has been incredibly regular at 27 days (I've never had a 'set you clock' by it AF like this before!), but AF is still very short. It's also relatively light compared to my AF of old. it is heavier for the first day, but not compared to before and by the end of day 3 it's all but over.

So I'm wondering now if this really matters? Does it mean anything from a fertility point of view if AF has changed like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->