AF has disappeared and doesn't look like showing up anytime soon

cluckymumof5

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just wanting some opinions of why the hell my AF hasn't shown up. My normal cycle is 24 days but never more than 26 days. I had a polypectomy and hysteroscopy and D & C in February to remove a polyp. I had a perfect cycle after this starting on 7th March and since then nothing. I'm now nearly 14 days late and still no sign of AF showing up anytime soon. I've tested and tested and tested but definitely not pregnant. I also had an ultrasound earlier this month to rule out an ectopic pregnancy and they found I had what appears to be the early onset of adenomyosis (endometriosis of the uterine lining). They also found cysts on both of my ovaries.

I have no idea why my cycle which has been fantastically regular over the last 6 months can suddenly change so much. My whole cycle was different this time. Heaps of CM all month (i'm normally horribly dry for the best part of the month), horrible ovulation pains on the 17th and again on the 26th (hurt to walk or breath deeply with the pains of the 26th). I've had cramping most days for the past 3 weeks and lower back pain but still no AF? The only thing thats changed over the past couple of months was the polyp being removed and I started taking Vitex which was recommended to increase my chances of ovulating. I'm yet to see a positive OPK in the six months we've been trying. I've since stopped the Vitex (last week) as I thought this may have been the reason AF was not showing up.

Have any of you ladies had this happen and went on to have normal cycles afterwards? Can the doctor give me something to bring on AF so I can start TTC again next month?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
You and I share similar stories this cycle. My CD 1 was also March 7th. I am also experiencing a missing AF. I have no clue as to what happened or where AF went. I've tested on CD 36 and 37 with BFN's. Today I am CD 41 and still nothing. Crampy, bloated, feeling like AF is going to burst through at any minute... I feel your pain!! :)

Have you tested yet?

Hi More4mom

AF finally showed up 14 days late and has been painful and heavy for three days now. My gyno thinks mine was late because of the hysteroscopy I had in February.

Ohhh... Ouch!!! I guess it makes sense, what your doctor said, but still isn't want you wanted to hear. I get that.

I'm now CD 42 and no AF yet. Not sure what's going on. I will test again tomorrow and if nothing, off to my doctors I go.

Hang in there!!! :) A fresh cycle awaits you... !! Hope it'll be your BFP month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->