AF versus Decidual Bleeding

calico

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I was wondering if someone can tell me what the difference is between AF bleeding versus decidual bleeding (eg consistency, texture, amount, etc)?

Has anyone personally experienced (or know of someone who has experienced) what they thought was AF, when in fact, it really was decidual bleeding?

TIA!

I haven't had any personal experience with this, but I thought I'd share what I've heard on the board. Some women state that it's very different for them - meaning there's no clotting (assuming they do experience clotting during their periods), the flow is lighter and darker in color. Others say that it's almost like a period. In fact, there are a few stories I've read on the board where women are convinced that AF has arrived, then get a positive pregnancy test halfway through their next "cycle."

Hi,

I experienced what I now believe to be decidual bleeding with this pregnancy.

At 9dpo I had 2-3 wipes of brownish EWCM, which I believe was implantation bleeding.

On CD 30 (normal cycle length 28-30 days), I got brown discharge that looked normal for the beginning of a period for me. It was always when I wiped and I used a sanitary towel overnight but it wasn't really stained in the morning. This continued for another couple of days - brown discharge like the beginning of a period (even had stringy bits in it that I've always thought of as womb lining). 3 days into it the brown started to become pinky-red and I definitely thought I was out but it never really developed into anything heavy. I had a couple of days of spotting in my knickers and "bled" for near enough 2 weeks in the end. After about 10 days I decided to do a pregnancy test and it came back positive. I was then given an early scan and was 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant! At approx 8 weeks I had some 'rusty' colour on wiping for a day or so and (fingers crossed - touch wood) have had nothing since.

hth.

xxx

So glad I read this.

I've had stained discharge for the past week. It ranges from rusty coloured to the odd red spot (only when I check CP). I only have to wear a liner and even then its hardly stained. Don't have to wear anything overnight.

I got my first + on Friday at 11dpo and have been testing every day since (total POAS addict!). AF is due tomorrow so still worried its a chemical even though I have been getting strong :bfp:

Don't have any cramping and normally spot red blood a few days before AF (normally need the smallest tampon, sorry if TMI)

Also, been feeling a bit queasy every now and again. Tried to drink a cup of tea this morning and could only take a few mouthfuls. Don't really have an appetite either. Normally around AF I would eat anything and everything.

Sorry for the long post but it s so much easier to talk to people who understand this stuff. Tried to talk to DH but he doesn't understand why I'm worrying as my first pregnancy went without a hitch.

Thanks for reading - feel better getting that off my chest!!

P.S Congrats pachamama!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->