af was not welcome!!

Carolina

Reaction score
:hissy:af has finally arrived with vengance im in agony! had to tell db whos in work and i can tell hes disappointed (feel like ive let hime down). Im having a cigarette because i can now (and im enjoying it):blush:

Im trying to stay positive as we only decided hlf way through last cycle that wer were gona ttc and we didnt bd until the 23rd which was maybe too late as we had a foreskin problem on the 19th and to wait for it to heal so we probably missed our window:blush:

This month im gona chart everything and get opk tests.

1.should i keep taking folic acid or wait until af finishes
2. does anyone know/reccommend goos ovulation kits u can get off the imternet that arent too costly?
3.How many individual tests do you need to get per month roughly?

I'm sorry the :witch: got you :hugs: I don't know about the last two questions but I would keep taking folic acid. My general dr. recommended I take a prenatal vitamin or folic acid daily as soon as she heard we were TTC and didn't mention not taking it during my AF cycles. Good luck for next month! :dust:

thanks vickie! ive taken an oral tablet for thrush incase that is why ive had so much cm he last week because i had it 2 cycles ago. I dont get itching and only relalised when my first smear was so uncomfortable! :blush:

yes keep up your folic acid! We should be taking it for a month before we ttc i think (if posible!), and then for 4 months after conception? I've been on it for ages, months and months. my body is bursting with folic acid!

and hey - dont go back to them ciggies missy! one or two ok, a habit nooo...prepare you body to be a bay home. thats what i keep telling ymself when i fancy one!! ;-) I wont lecture though!

:rofl:i know but ive been ying for one and now i dont have to feel guilty about it they also halp when im in so much pain it must be the breathing or something i know it sounds daft ill have a couple for three days and then stop thats when my pain eases off! Havnt been able to move for an hour:oops:

at least this month aswell i wont read as much into my syomtoms im thinking maybe i had a bladder infection (im prone to them) an thats why i felt sick etc!

:hugs: Sorry she got you
I get my opks off ebay - I think they are sold my babymad.com I can't remeber how much they cost as I bought them with a thermometer and some hpts. Also I'm not sure how many you should get through in a month as I have only just started using them. I can't even remember how many I used last month.

Sinead

Hi Carolina!

Sorry AF got you - better luck next month.

As for your questions:

* you should continue taking folic acid - the experts actually recommend taking it up to a couple of months before ttc and after falling pregnant.
* OPKs - there are loads of places you can get them - you can get really cheap ones on the internet. I like Clearblue Digital, they are really expensive, but extremely clear.
* how many you need will depend on how regular your cycle is. On the packet it should ask you how long your cycle normally is and then give you a date from when to test from i.e. a regular cycle of 28 days will mean a probable ovulation on day 14 (therefore, you should start testing from day 12). For a regular cycle, you should only need around 7 max. For an irregular cycle, you could need a couple of packs.

Best of luck getting that BFP!:crib:

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Hugs/remoteImage-37.gif Good luck for next month! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->