AFC ultrasound results HELP ???

Nicker

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am just starting on this journey going through all of the preliminary tests to see if I will respond to medications before IUI with donor sperm. I am 38 years old.

I had my AFC today (CD6) The doc just said see you when all the tests are back. I don't see him again until Jan 5 and I would really like to have some idea before then. A girl in the waiting room said that if it was bad he would have said something. I took a picture of the screen before I left.

Rt Ovary
volume 5.04 cm3
length 2.75 cm
A-P 1.53 cm
width 2.29 cm

Lt Ovary
volume 6.46 cm3
length 2.56 cm
A-P 2.09 cm
width 2.31 cm

endometrial thickness 0.20cm

Any thoughts??

Good call taking a pic of the screen! I can't help but I'm sure that one of the ladies on here will be able to. I'm also 38 and will be going in for those tests in Jan/Feb before we start IUI so I'll be looking forward to hearing what others have to say about the numbers. FX'd that they are good! :flower:
:dust:

I dont know what those numbers mean, but my AFC was 17, and was told thats very good as thats 17 follicles that could produce eggs. I just did IVF and got 20 mature eggs from those follicles, so sometimes you have a couple more or it changes month to month. Ive read of people having much lower counts on here and people can get pregnant, just means they wont respond to meds quite the same as those with a high AFC.

good luck :flower:

So I have been researching... it is like finding a needle in a haystack. I believe that the results I saw say that I have should have the egg reserves of an average 38 year old. If that is true, then that is good since the doc thought that a medication I was on could have destroyed my egg reserve.

Hey everyone,

I am just starting on this journey going through all of the preliminary tests to see if I will respond to medications before IUI with donor sperm. I am 38 years old.

I had my AFC today (CD6) The doc just said see you when all the tests are back. I don't see him again until Jan 5 and I would really like to have some idea before then. A girl in the waiting room said that if it was bad he would have said something. I took a picture of the screen before I left.

Rt Ovary
volume 5.04 cm3
length 2.75 cm
A-P 1.53 cm
width 2.29 cm

Lt Ovary
volume 6.46 cm3
length 2.56 cm
A-P 2.09 cm
width 2.31 cm

endometrial thickness 0.20cm

Any thoughts??

Hi Nicker, just thought I'd throw my two penneth in with the ovarian/endometrial measurements. The ovarian volumes are fine and within normal range. The endometrium is thin at 2mm but this very much depends on where you are in your cycle when you have the scan. I see you were CD#6 so that's within normal range too. Not sure if that helps any but good luck!

That is what I was thinking after a whole lot of research keekeesaurus. Now, I got my CD3 lab results from my GPs office today and I am once again going nuts!! When I am googling it seems to me that many of the pages have different units for results therefor the ranges would be different... All of my labs say normal beside them with the exception of Dhea-S which is low. The reference range given is 1.7 - 9.2 and mine is 1.5 umol/L.
estradiol is 55.7 PMOL/ - normal (no range given)
FSH 5.9 IU/L - normal
LH 3.0 IU/L - normal

Shouldn't my FSH:LH ratio be 1:1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back