• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Affording baby, Ranttt

mummyat18

pregnant - 2nd tri
Reaction score
Okay sooooo I was having a shitty day and i was kinda in a female-dog mood. Someone i knew a long time ago i randomly saw the other day came up to me ( same age kinda as me ) and was like... Heard your pregnant. Congrats im assuming your giving it up for adoption? I was like.. umm no actually im keeping it. ( already annoyed ):growlmad:
Then they gave me a shocked look and blurted out. But you cant afford a baby and your gonna deprive your child from stuff cause you have like no money. Wide-eyed and clearly and visibly now mad i stated. :growlmad:
" ya know what, your right i cant afford a baby, and some other couple probably could give it everything materialistic it would like to have, like people like you were privaledged to be spoiled to have, but I would rather sacrafice and teach it good ethics and morals and how to be happy without "things" and "money" then grow up having everything and acting like they are better then everyone. " :growlmad:
I walked away, but her face was sooo not impressed. I laughed cause i was sooo pissed. I definitly think i took it too far to insult her, but seriously lady backkkk off. Not your business.

Ever had someone say something like this lady did? how'd you react?

ps. i dont have anything against adoption ( both my amazing brothers are adopted ) and i did seriously debat adoption or keeping it.

Urghh I hate people like that. I've been lucky because I've had no one at the moment judging me on my lack of money.. which I've found surprising, because my family is well off.. not rich, but the type of people you expect to judge. There's still time though lol.

But yeah, I had one two-faced girl that went to school with me (no one likes her), who, when she found out I was pregnant was calling me too immature to have a baby and then the next second wanting to buy me clothes :dohh: Yet I've barely even seen her since school anyway so she doesn't know me AT ALL.

People like that are just not worth getting worked up over. The thing is, everyone has an opinion, and I HATE judgmental people but you're not going to change their minds, just carry on what you're doing and PROVE that you're gonna be an amazing mummy to your baby. Chances are, she just doesn't understand because she's not going through what you are. I'm sure that if she were and she could relate more then she would understand more.

yeah i agree!! family isnt well off but compared to most we live very comfortably i just wish people wouldnt judge, obviously i know i cant give my child everything, but thats not the reason why people have kids, planned or unplanned.

Wow.... -__-' wat a female-dog..... :rofl:

Like obviously you cant really only raise a child with love, you need some money. Butttt, spoiling your kid and having too many useless things isnt good either. As long as you can afford basic things that the baby needs, he dosnt need anything more really. I dislike when people spoil their kids too much, they become little brats usually and are not grateful. And I feel that usually people who spoil their kids so much is because they dont have too much time for them. So they make not having time for them up with $$$....

Forget about her, she's immature herself for not knowing better and respecting people.
She was probably a spoiled child that had more then the basics ;)

Good on you!!
Why should you not say something back to that silly girl!
I've had people question my ability to raise my baby from day one!
I'm almost 21 and I have a well paid job, yet I have still had people tell me I can't afford a child and the my baby will be messed up because I'm financially/mentally unstable :haha:

Just laugh her off and prove her and anyone else wrong!

:flow:

It's frustrating! Everyone underestimates teen and young mums (im 22, but I have mums who are teens).

People who get everything handed to them on a plate never learn about the real world and actually often struggle with independence.

Good on you tho sweetie for standing up for you and your baby! I am sure you will be a brilliant mummy:thumbup:

Wow,that person has balls...not only to SAY that OUT LOUD but to say it to a hormonal pregnant mamma hahaha:winkwink: and this happened with my first pregnancy..a lot. This time around it was the opposite,now that me and OH have money,people are acting like we think we can have 2 kids just because we have the money for them without looking at everything else...which is NOT the case. I woulnt have strongly agreed to parent if I knew I couldnt afford everything the baby needed.I grew up in the ghetto,I grew up with nothing,and I want to give my kids everything I was always jealous of other people for having..no its not the most important to give them things they dont necessarily NEED,but once again.I didnt have shit and I want my kids to grow up without struggling and stressing like me and my brother always had to do:shrug:

omg i had some cheeky bugger post something like this when i changed my relationship status on facebook! "how you gonna pay for a baby? taxpayer's baby?" i was like ...erm no i work actually, and is it any business of yours how i'm gonna pay for my son?!

if i was you, i would have kicked her where it hurt! i think it's an amazing thing bringing a baby into the world regardless on how much money you have... you don't need money to give the absolute maximum love to your baby! these people who think they know it all really annoy me aha

Wow she was way out of order!! You did well to walk away :haha: think I'd of lamped her and blamed the pregnancy hormones :haha:

All a baby really wants is your love, yes of course they do need some materialistic things but not half as much as we tell ourselves they need!

Georgie I swear I remember seeing that!
Someone has said something along those lines to me, and I just said basically that they don't know anything about my financial situation, so you have no right telling me if I can afford to keep my child or not.. Just ignore people like that! They have no place to say anything like that to you!.. Unless you're feeling hormonal, it's always good to let them know :haha:

WOW that person is out of order, if she said that to me I don't think I would of been able to control myself! :haha:

People will always have something to say, but it's no one's business how you will afford your child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->