After 2 years, the wait is finally over!

Nursekat07

Reaction score
After nearly 2 years of WTT DH and I will finally start NTNP after this AF ends. The last 2 discussions we have had about it were REALLY intense. But I finally realized what his hang ups were. For the last few months I have been so frustrated because I couldn't for the life of me figure out why DH STILL wanted to wait. We have a house and vehicle with room for another baby, are not struggling financially, and he's 36 and I just turned 30. I didn't understand...

But after our last talk I realized that to DH it seemed that I was trying to replace what I lost when I MC (even though I've been asking for another baby since way before then) the need for the 3rd was way stronger after the MC however. He also wanted NOTHING to do with actively trying/scheduled sex because I was a ttc maniac when trying for our first 2. He also needed affirmation that i thought he was a good dad. And lastly all I ever talk about is baby this and baby that. He wanted to know that I still needed him too.

After waiting so long It still seems too good to be true, like when it comes down to it he may change his mind again! We already have 2 healthy, busy kids so I don't feel that pressure that it has to happen NOW. I'll just be happy to not prevent anymore and pray that I'm blessed with one last healthy baby, whenever that may be! Good luck to you ladies, and may your wait fly by!

That's fantastic, Nursekat - particularly that you two have been able to come to a better understanding of each other. We had other reasons for waiting, but one of my OH's concern was also that he wanted to clear the 'desperation' phase that I did go through after my mc last year. Very glad for you that you have clarity on each other's perspective - that is such a wonderful feeling. Have a happy and relaxed NTNP and baby dust to you! :dust:

That's great! Good luck! My DH got sick of the TTC insanity with DS a bit too and it was over fast for us then. It is probably that I have always started charting a few month early and he gets sick of hearing about CM and stuff. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->