After 7 weeks of being in preterm/prodromal labour

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I've pretty much made it to 37 weeks! (Tomorrow) I feel really good about that, I honestly thought after going through the same thing as my second baby, but symptoms has been so much worse this time around I guessed there was no chance of making it passed 36 weeks, but I have! Now baby can come any time, he probably won't :haha:

Contractions and cervical tenderness are at the all time highest for me, but they keep fizzling out. Praying that when the time comes it's going to go super quick!!

You've done so well to make it this far along. The last weeks must have been so worrying for you. I am glad he's stayed in this long, but hopefully he won't keep you waiting after your due date! :)

Thanks so much hun that means a lot, but it's how it goes isn't it, it will probably end up in an induction at 42 weeks knowing my luck :haha:

I'm hoping if things dont happen before 40 weeks, my midwife will start giving me sweeps, after 7 weeks of excruciating pain and contractions I'm hoping she will see that I've suffered enough :haha:

Hope you don't need the sweeps and something happens soon for you! Glad you've made it to 37 weeks though ! <3

I hope so hun! Thank you! I've been getting contractions every 5-7 mins for the past hour and I feel like my bowel is about to fall out :haha: its probably nothing... but praying it could be!

Well they are still there, they usually fizzle out by now but are not getting any stronger, I'm not worrying for now, until I'm getting bundled into the car with a head crowning, I'm sure these will end as quick as they started... as ALWAYS :haha:

@mrsmummy2 How is your little man doing? :)

Well they are still there, they usually fizzle out by now but are not getting any stronger, I'm not worrying for now, until I'm getting bundled into the car with a head crowning, I'm sure these will end as quick as they started... as ALWAYS :haha:

@mrsmummy2 How is your little man doing? :)

Eek i hope not!! Although speedy labours are much nicer than long ones, the worry about not making it is a nightmare isnt it :dohh:

He's doing great thanks! Cannot believe he is 2 weeks old tomorrow. Time is flying by!

Eek i hope not!! Although speedy labours are much nicer than long ones, the worry about not making it is a nightmare isnt it :dohh:

He's doing great thanks! Cannot believe he is 2 weeks old tomorrow. Time is flying by!

I know! I've joked for a while I'll be delivering my own baby at this rate :rofl: pains are still there, slightly worse but not my much, gonna try a bath now as paracetamol hasn't touched me!

Omg that's flying by! They really don't stay babies for two minutes so they :( x

Oh god I hope that doesnt happen :rofl:
That would be scary!! However, you'd officially be superwoman if it did happen!
How are the pains now?

Ah i know... i wish i could keep him as a newborn forever :cloud9:

Ooooow hon hope this is it now you really have been though it and have been a real trooper through all ure pain.
I just want to give u a huge hug and say well done.
How amazing that u have made it this far hon. Please he really proud of yourself. At least If he comes now he is fully developed and hopfully wont need any neonatal care.

I'm thinking of you and I really hope ure in that hospital right now in labour if not then I'm sure u will be soon.

Nooo of course not still here and still pregnant! :rofl: it ended about 8pm last night and now I'm wide awake at this hour with the worst heartburn of my life! I'm sooo officially done lol I think he's having another growth spurt, my bump literally feels like the skin is about to tear open and it's so sore that with not being able to sleep :haha: I'm so going to ignore real labour signs when they come, I really will just think it will fizzle out and it be to late Haha!

Oh dear, sorry about the heartburn :( Not long now though!

Oh nooo! Sounds exactly like what was happening to me. Beyond frustrating!!!

It really is! But I just knew it would fizzle out :haha: my worry is I really won't recognise the signs to get going! It's been almost 8 years since I went Into labour on my own, I was induced with my second so never got the build up until I was already at hospital! It's going to be a bloody disaster I can see it now! Maybe I'll end up with a home birth, a car birth on the side of the road or one in the back of an ambulance or even delivering my own baby in the bath, who knows :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->