After 7 weeks of being in preterm/prodromal labour

It really is! But I just knew it would fizzle out :haha: my worry is I really won't recognise the signs to get going! It's been almost 8 years since I went Into labour on my own, I was induced with my second so never got the build up until I was already at hospital! It's going to be a bloody disaster I can see it now! Maybe I'll end up with a home birth, a car birth on the side of the road or one in the back of an ambulance or even delivering my own baby in the bath, who knows :haha:
Haha oh gosh :rofl: imagine any of those scenarios!!

Tbh I wasnt sure it was labour the morning I had Finley.... i just had LOADS of pressure. It was nothing like my other two. No stomach tightenings just INSANE back ache (my mum ended up getting me a hot water bottle that somehow made it to the hospital with me :haha:) then the intense need to push. Very strange labour!! My daughter was the typical 10 hours, mild contractions that built by the time I got to the hospital and then at 10cm the urge to push came with the pressure... my 1st son was the same, just condensed into 1.5 hours.. so when the time came this time I was like uhh ok what is this :rofl:

What is prodromal labor? I have constant contractions when I’m not laying down so pretty much lay around most of the time and can’t wait until I’m 37 weeks. Were you on bedrest?

What is prodromal labor? I have constant contractions when I’m not laying down so pretty much lay around most of the time and can’t wait until I’m 37 weeks. Were you on bedrest?

Predominal labour are contractions that get regular and closer together but then just fizzle out after about 8 hours. I had it from 33+6 rite the way through until my induction and it sucked.
The worst part was when I went for my induction I was thinking well this is gonna be easy they can just break my waters because all these contractions I've been having. I didnt sleep properly for weeks because of it and of course it wud always start in the evening and go on all night long.
The contractions also show on a monitor and I was kept in a few times and sent strait to delivery because they thought I was starting labour. And then after 8 hours it wud stop.

And then they cudnt even break my waters when I was induced because my cervix was still slightly tilted back and needed to shorten so I had to have the pessery to shorten my cervix then a drip to help me dilate.
So all them pains for nothing it was so frustrating.

Nooo of course not still here and still pregnant! :rofl: it ended about 8pm last night and now I'm wide awake at this hour with the worst heartburn of my life! I'm sooo officially done lol I think he's having another growth spurt, my bump literally feels like the skin is about to tear open and it's so sore that with not being able to sleep :haha: I'm so going to ignore real labour signs when they come, I really will just think it will fizzle out and it be to late Haha!

What a little monkey messing u around like this. I swear it's a boy thing lol.

Even when they induced me with the medication I started getting contractions about 2 hours later. They got to 3 mins apart lasting about a minute and the midwife was like nope it's still not it there not lasting long enough.
It was painful but then them contractions fizzled out for about 15 mins and then the real ones started.
They started about 10 mins apart and lasting about 2 mins and then 5 mins apart and even then I was I was so scared it was just gonna fizzle out again.
But they continued and just got closer and closer together.
The difference I noticed between the two is false labour contractions are shorter and real contractions are longer. And when they get closer together they get more and more painful to the point u cant even talk or anything. Even talking inbetween was a nightmare because another one wud hit almost strait away.

But I was induced so it was a bit different.

Come on baby boy stop messing mummy around out u come hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->