After Birth Control

shelbyy412

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here and this is my first time posting so here we go! I took my last birth control pill May 4 and got my period the 8th. My partner and I are trying to conceive so after 4 years I have stopped taking birth control. After research I've found that it can take months for your period to become regular again, but I also know some women conceive within weeks after stopping. Anywho, my partner and I have sex OFTEN. And by often I mean at least 5 days a week (unprotected), sometimes twice a day. While I haven't had a period since May 8th, I have been experiencing some symptoms starting about a week and a half ago. I'll just list them lol
-slightly sore nipples that lasted a couple days (last week, but this has returned today)
-random stuffy nose and postnasal drip
-fatigue (specifically falling asleep earlier)
-headaches and dizziness everyday
-cramps when I would have gotten my period (June 5)
-a tiny spot of blood on May 31st
-stomach aches and pains (especially after eating)
-shortness of breath
-backaches
-bloated stomach (I'm skinny so you can REALLY tell the difference)
Now with all this said I took a test this morning and the results were one (very faint) line indicating negative. Anyone with an experience close to mine know the chances of me being pregnant? HELPP!

All of those could just be your body adjusting to drop in hormone levels that the pill was providing, but it could be pregnancy symptoms too. Sorry I am not more help!! Good luck.

I never thought of it being the effects of coming off the pill. Of all symptoms why does it have to mimic pregnancy lol. Oh well, I guess we'll see! I'm hoping my period starts soon so I can keep track of my cycle.

I came off BCP in December and my cycles have been crazy since then! 33 days, 89 days, 47 days, still waiting on the next one.... I have experienced everything you're talking about! Basically, I take a cheapo pregnancy test every Friday just to see and hope for the best!

When I got pregnant with my ds, I had just come off of bcp. I had only been on it for 3 months. I didn't get my bfp until cd42 because I ovulated about 2 weeks late.

It could go either way but keep in mind that you will probably ovulate later than normal the first cycle off of it. I knew I was pregnant. I was crampy and exhausted and lots of other things. They could have been af symptoms but I just wasn't bleeding, wasn't bleeding, wasn't bleeding even though I was cramping. So I knew I had to be prego and I just waited it out until Ifinally got my bfp. Good luck! :)

So it seems like its the waiting game! Thanks all, I'm glad someone can relate.

i came off the implant on april 17th. i was utterly convinced i was pregnant about a week or 2 after it was taken out. with all the symptoms you have...its now what...june 15th and i've had no sign of AF and no BFP. sooo yea. I'm waiting for things to get back to normal again 2 months on.

so it sounds like it could be the effects of coming off the pill to me. but it could also be pregnancy :) a couple more weeks should tell! good luck :)

I came off the pill in March, have had "regular/normal" AF's since coming off. My first cycle coming off the pill, I had basically all the symptoms you mentioned above. I thought I was for sure pregnant, but it was just from my hormones adjusting. This is now our 4th cycle TTC, and still no BFP. Good luck.

I am in the same spot as most of you. Stopped BCP last month, had my last pill induced AF and nothing since. I have all the symptoms of AF coming including some serious cramping, migraines, tender breasts etc but no actual AF. 2 pregnancy tests result in 2 BFN. So I am just playing a waiting game which is incredibly frustrating!

I'll join in too, I took my last pill April 27th, had withdrawal bleed straight away, then 34 day cycle which I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate on, now CD16 and haven't Ovulated yet. I actually have no symptoms of anything which worries me as I can usually figure out where I am in a cycle by symptoms. I was only on the pill for two months and it took away all my symptoms so I'm not sure my hormones are back to normal yet. So having all those symptoms isn't necessarily a bad thing if you aren't pregnant! It hopefully means your body is gearing up for normal cycles!
Good luck!

Yeah, I went off at the end of March and had my withdrawal bleed like normal on April 4th. Since then, it's been 73 days and I haven't ovulated (at least my temperature doesn't say I have). I have PCOS and I knew I might be irregular when I went off the pill. It's a bit discouraging, so I know what you mean. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both have been negative. Good luck with your symptoms! Hopefully you're pregnant! If not, I'm sure everything will sort itself out in time. :dust:

I'm sooo glad I'm not alone! I kind of wish I would have stopped birth control sooner. Funny story the reason I stopped was because I had my annual exam the week after my last period and my doctor basically told me I was pregnant. She said my uterus felt enlarged and about five weeks and had me take a urine test which came out positive! That night I took a hpt and the next morning and they were both negative. Got a blood test done two days later and it was also negative, my hcg was 2.0 and even had an ultrasound done. In the midst of all this I stopped taking my pills in the chance I might be pregnant, and have decided to not start back up. Don't really know why I tested positive the first time and why my uterus felt enlarged, but we've been actually TTC since we found out I wasn't! So now I'm just hoping everything regulates soon, or that I get a BFP soon. Will probably test again in about two weeks if AF is still absent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->