After-birth fears....possible TMI

Soon2be2

Reaction score
Hello mommies! Looking for advice from mommies of multiples. I am currently pregnant with my second. The thought of labour, and the whole birthing process does not scare me. What terrifies me is the whole recovery process.

With my first, within days of leaving the hospital was in excruciating pain. Though I used the pain meds and stool softeners as I was told I went about a week without a bowel movement, and almost 4 days without urinating. The next month and a half involved multiple hospital visits and multiple treatments that did not work.

I'm absolutely terrified of this happening again, and find that it really is the only part of the entire process that I am dreading.

Any advice from other mommies who've been through this?

I haven't been through this (I didn't pop for about 5 days after having my 1st but that was down to having a clear out at the start of labour so I guess I didn't need to!) but I just wanted to reassure you that you won't necessarily have the same experience 2nd time around. Do they know what caused your problems last time? I know that having a catheter in can give you problems going for a wee for a while (I had a catheter due to having a spinal to get stitched after having DS and it was one of the things I was warned about) but not sure what else does. If it does happen again at least hopefully they will have an idea of what could help you and what probably won't, based on last time, so that could make it easier to help you sooner:hugs:

all i know is very pregnancy labor and recovery is different hugs x

Hiya, I found everything post-birth easier second time round, even with twins. I had an episiotomy both times, and found that because there wasn't the shock (and fear, and horror) of experiencing everything for the first time, it just felt better. I was less scared to let myself push as normal to have a bowel movement (I supported my stitches and knew they wouldn't burst) so that happened in hospital in first few days. The same for urinating, although it was still tricky figuring out how to put pressure on my bladder, as in pregnancy there's so much weight! I also made sure I ate lots of fibre and drank lots of water, particularly as I was breastfeeding. Hoping you have a better time of it this time round :)
p.s I'm not sure if you meant C-section recovery? I haven't had one but my friend recently had her second c-section, with multiple birth this time, and she's finding it much more manageable this time. I think the shock of everything the first time round has a lot to answer for!
p.p.s I didn't need my pain medication for my stitches this time either. The worst discomfort I had was back ache from acclimatising to the massive change in weight and posture having had my girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->