After posting this on facebook...(rant)

mummie2be

Reaction score
After weeks of family butting in where they don't belong I posted this status on facebook...
"Rant; this is my baby, and I plan on my labour & delivery going the way I want it as much as possible. I will decide who is in the room with me and who gets called when. Yes, I know things can go the way I didn't plan for them and I am prepared for that. But when it comes down to it, this is my child, and I will have things done the way that I want them. Feelings may get hurt, and I am sorry for that, but when it comes down to it at this moment I have to do things the way that I want them done, and not worry about who's feelings may or may not get hurt."

It is absolutely APPALLING some of the responses/PM's I've gotten from people.

Like what?

TBH your post does sound quite aggressive. If there are people who are trying to dictate how your birth should go and who should be there perhaps it would be better to speak to them directly about it rather than all over FB.

If a friend of mine posted something like that I would assume she was having a very bad day! Hope you're ok :hugs:

I really know how you feel it seems when your pregnant your the last person who has a day in anything to do with your own life....

Sometimes to be aggressive is the only way done people will listen, it's got to the point I've started avoiding talking to some people due to them forcing there opinion on me

Tbh I'm not surprised u are annoyed if you are having people interfere,hope u r ok

Like what?

TBH your post does sound quite aggressive. If there are people who are trying to dictate how your birth should go and who should be there perhaps it would be better to speak to them directly about it rather than all over FB.

If a friend of mine posted something like that I would assume she was having a very bad day! Hope you're ok :hugs:

I feel the same way.

If I hadn't deleted MIL & FIL off my friends list - I would make a post very similar! When hubs told MIL that I don't want ANYONE (not just her) at the hospital when I'm in labor, she bout started crying and was saying "she just doesn't like me" and all this self centered crap! It's so annoying!! Yes, this is their first grandchild. BUT this is OUR FIRST BABY! And I will be in control over who is there and when phone calls go out and everything. Seeing as I will be the one in labor and going thru all of that, it's going MY way!

I would MAYBE consider MIL being there for labor/birth if she had been there thru my pregnancy AT ALL, but hasn't. The last thing she said to hubs and I about the baby was "everytime we see something monkey (we went with a monkey theme) we wanna buy it for the baby" so I asked her what they got him? They didn't get ANYTHING, apparently they just thought about it. All they have gotten the baby is a pack and play for our shower gift - and some clothes, after we got a CRAP TON of clothes from my cousin and a friend of mine, like we have 8 drawers packed full only from NB-3 months so I specifically told her NOT TO GET ANY CLOTHES. My dad on the other hand (who is disabled and doesn't even work) has gotten his crib, bedding, bumper, changing table & numerous blankets and such. My dad checks on me every day and brings me a bottled water. MIL has called me ONCE to see how things are going!

I totally feel your frustration hun!

Well done you! Theres too much interfering goes on and it doesn't help on due day knowing that theres people hanging around that you dont want there, good luck xx

I agree... It's your body your baby you call the shots. I'm surprised at how many people are all to willing to offer up their 2 cents especially women. You would think they would understand, but most of the time it's them causing the drama. And as far as the MIL goes I feel you only mine has never asked me about LO nor has she contributed anything (not that we want it). My parents are struggling and have helped more than they ever needed to. I don't think I will be letting her anywhere near my hospital room when baby gets here, she's made her detachment clear. And I don't need to put an act on for anyone.

Good call on taking a stand! :)

My MIL's ears must have been burning!! She just texted me "hope you and little phillip are doing good. if you need me i am there. luv you. i think of you guys every day, if you need us let us know"

considering i'm a little over 37 weeks - I think it's a little late for trying. But that's just me!

Ha, I will not be holding my breath or ever expect a call from that woman. She has never once called me the entire time I've been with OH (years). But then again she barely calls him. If she was to ever call I'd ignore her. I honestly don't even want her touching my bubs, I know that's terrible but I'm sick of seeing OH hurt over her lack of concern for him or his life.

I wish I had the balls to post that!! I feel the same way!

I would have just told them very directly that it's going to happen the way you want and left it at that rather than posting a rant that makes you look immature.

I apologise if that seems harsh but this is your time & you have the say. It's not up for negotiation or something to argue about & it's their problem if they can't respect your wishes.

I would have just told them very directly that it's going to happen the way you want and left it at that rather than posting a rant that makes you look immature.

I apologise if that seems harsh but this is your time & you have the say. It's not up for negotiation or something to argue about & it's their problem if they can't respect your wishes.

Perfectly written. My thoughts exactly. X

Yeah I agree, a rant like that appearing on my Facebook would just warrant being blocked or scrapped of friends list as I think airing dirty laundry all over the Internet is not the way to go.

Stand up & be proud that these are your choices, for your baby and tell them directly. They will respect your wishes because you won't give them another option!

my last pregnancy it was the first grandbaby for my mom. My OH's parents already had 5other grandkids so they understood what i wanted was all that mattered and if i wanted them there id ask. My mother however thought it was the worst thing ever that i didnt want her there. she had the audacity to tell me that it was messed up that husband was going to be in the room but she couldn't. That sent me over the edge and i told her she'd be lucky to get a phone call at that point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->