after school routine. snacks, dinner and bedtime.

we get home at 3.10 & she will get herself changed while i get her a small snack, few grapes or strawberries etc.

dinner is at 4.30 & bed is 5.30-6pm

wake her up at 7.30am

Honestly so glad to read other people have a early dinner/ bedtime. As much as I'm all for following the kids lead I sometimes worry I'm doing it wrong.

Honestly so glad to read other people have a early dinner/ bedtime. As much as I'm all for following the kids lead I sometimes worry I'm doing it wrong.

if i keep her up past 6 shes super grumpy the next day!!! i also like to give her an hour between dinner & bed to let her food go down, do stories, bath, puzzles or tv time etc x

Josh wakes himself up anywhere between 6 and half past, very rarely after half past. Breakfast at 7. We leave for school at 8.20(it starts at 8.45 and he likes some time to play before)

School finishes at 3.30. We don't usually leave the playground til 3.45 and then sometimes don't even leave from outside school til 4 cause of standing and chatting lol So by the time we get home its either 4 or 4.15. If its the latter, I just let J have a frube yoghurt. If its the earlier, then I let him have a bag of crisps or something. Tea is at 5 or just after. Bed is at 7

IMO It sounds like you are doing it right!

our after school routine is:

Gets off the bus at 315pm
he finishes off what is left in his lunch of after school snack
we eat dinner at around 5
a bath between 545-6
a story teething brushing and in bed by 630

he wakes up at 630am.. i found it really helps for him to get his full 12 hours in.. he does better the next day..

I also have a 2 year old, he shares a room with my older one so i put him to bed an hour after my oldest is in bed to ensure that he won't wake my oldest up :)

Mia finishes school at 3:30. We walk home sometimes or if daddy is home we take the car. Home by 4. She will have a treat on the way home if walking. I put dinner on...usually eat around 5. She will go play for a bit. Bath at 6 then watch something till bed time at 7. I will lay with her for 5 mins before lights out. Now we have a new baby sometimes the routine goes out the window no matter how hard we try!

Well we are now in th swing of the routine.

We do:

3.15 pm collect him from school
Home by 3.30 pm
Snack and 10 minutes of TV
Play until tea (we haven't had any homework yet but I'm imagine doing it here)
5 pm tea
6 pm some TV before bath
6.30 pm bath
7 pm books in bed
7.10 pm lights out

I too find that he needs as much sleep as he can - if I put him to bed at 630 I think he would sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->