Age gap.

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
How long do you all think is best between kids?

I didn't think I'd be having anymore after this but my OH has changed his mind and wants more. Thing is I'm still young and would like to try to get my body back and enjoy it for a while after this pregnancy. Hope that doesn't sound too selfish.

OH already has an 8 year old daugher from a previous r/ship so my little boy already has a big sister without me having to do any work.

I also don't like the idea of having a toddler and a baby.

there is 14 month between my 2, and i love it!!! i am only planning on 2 tho and wanted to have them close for that reason :D tho ill never say never!

i love the fact they are friends as well as bro+sis and they play together etc :D

This is my first but I'd like about a 2 year gap myself

There will be 2 years between Nathan and this baby

20 months between mine and I am findin' it bloomin' hard work!:blush:

well mine are 11, 7 and 6 xxxx my youngest was born on her brothers first birthday xxxxx im expecting my 4th now xxxx

I HEAR there are some advantages to having them one after the other, because they play and learn together. BUT I'm not that tough of a person! We had planned our two to be 2 years apart.... and when we got to the point where we should have been trying again to keep it to 2 years... well I decided there was no way I could deal with two yet! We waited a little bit longer, and now this baby will be born 1 months after our daughter turns 3. I think 3 years is good if you're gonna do it! Honestly, if you want to have more than one (of your own) then 2-3 years apart is good because your body will have time to heal between, but they'll be close enough together that you can get it "over with" and get your body back younger (as much as possible, anyway). I was able to get *mostly* back to normal about a year after our first. I'm happy with it and I don't feel sad that I'll lose "my sexy body" again, LOL! I hope that makes sense! I do understand what you're saying! I just personally think it's a little easier when they're a little closer- just not TOO close! Sorry I'm rambling, it's 2:30am here and I'm a little tired! LOL!:blush:

We wanted our two children close together. Ideally I wanted less than 2 years, but thats what we got! At first I too thought it would just be Charlotte (she has a SB aged 8 too) but then decided if we were going to another baby it would be close to Charlies age.

I was just having this conversation with my OH yesterday and I said I wanted to wait 5+ years and he would rather wait 2-3 at the most. But like you said, I want to get my body back before popping out a second one, and I don't think that's selfish at all :laugh2:

There's gonna be 8 years between mine. If I'd known 6 years ago I was gonna start training as a nurse I would have had another one before that time, but things don't always work out the way you plan them.

Our daughter is extremely excited about having a brother/sister and is keen to get involved with everything, I think she'll be a great sister.

Me and my sister where 7 years apart and although we're not close, we're their for eachother when needed. I think everyone's circumstances are different and what might be a good age gap for some may not be for others.

xxxx

My brother and I are 6 years apart. We didnt get along that great growing up, but I think that was because of my brother(long story) For this baby The biggest age gap will be 12 yrs . Joel my step son is 7, Im kinda scared about the big gap, but I think it will work out good because they LOVE to help out. I did want two children of my own...but I guess that wount be happening lol

We have said 3-4 years. That way one will be in pre school already. Just a little break to be able to handle 2. lol. Since we are having a little boy first we are hoping for a little girl next.

Theres a 41/2year age gap between nicole and callum and for me its great. I dont think i could have managed with 2 small kids, but everyone is different.

Nicole is like a little mother to callum and helps me out alot. And because she is older she doesnt need constant attention.Also i can give callum my full attention when she is at school.

5 years between mine and my body never went back 100% in between although i gained loads of weight and had a large baby first time :)

dont think there is any right or wrong answers...down to personal experience i have 3 boys aged
aaron....8 nearly 9 in march
lewis.....6 year old 7 in june
nathan..3 nearly 4 in march....
and my fourth also due in march..... so this one has the biggest age gap....which is a girl....

Our son is 8 yrs old and daughter is 11 months old, so a big age gap. The advantage is that our 8 year is very helpful and helps give us a break feeding etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->