Age gaps, your thoughts?

TallulahM

Reaction score
I had my first two children when I was 20 and 21 (I am now 29) and baby number 3 is due this month.

Even though everyone said I was mad to have my first two so close together (they were happy accidents I should add!), I really feel as though it was a good move, they went off to nursery and school at pretty much the same time, they're both girls so can share clothes now they are pretty much the same size (and hand me downs were never too outdated by the time they go to youngest), and they have always been wonderful company for each other.

Now that I am expecting baby number 3, with a 8 and 9 year gap , I am worried that this baby will be lonely without a sibling close in age. However, I never planned to have 4 kids, 4 kids sounds a LOT, you need big cars and bigger house etc.

Was wondering how everyone else got on with big age gaps, the pro's and cons please?

My brother and sister are 18 and 16 years older than me. I guess I don't count because I have a sister 2 years younger too, but I loved having them so much older than me. By the time I was 2 they had both moved out.

i dont think theyl be lonely i have 1 sister who is 7 years younger than me we get on really well , she used to irritate me a little when we was younger but i guess all sisters and brothers do, were so close now shes got older and we can talk about similer things , shes 15 now im 21 xxx

I had Dan when I was 19 and Dec when I was 29, there is 9 years and 9 months between them and now I wouldnt have it any other way!!!! Dan is great with him, even though he is at school all day when he comes home he will always make time in between homework and friends to be with his little brother. I dont think your baby will be lonely it will have 2 big sisters fighting over it and plus girls are so motherly so they will probably be much more interested than my boy. XX Dont worry hun things will be fine.

Well there is my brother age 27, me age 25, my sister age 23 and my little brother age 12.....so a 10ish year gap....... we loved having a little brother and because we were older we really bonded with him and he is so loved by us........its good because now he is older he has the support of not only my mum (his dad died when he was 4) but he has all of us too.....

Having said that......my mum did wish she had another after my little brother becasue now we have all moved out....he is like a only child....but he seems fine and well turned out and has lots of friends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->