Age gaps...

MadameJ

Leo*Lexie*Zander*Madison
Reaction score
Just sitting here working out what age gaps are going to be between New baby and my other two sprogs. Between my eldest and New baby there will be a gap of 4years 9months and between my youngest(middle) and New baby there will be 3 years 5months. I don't know what to expect with these gaps,with only 15months between my first 2 it's been tough at times(especially now as the love to squabble)

Any one else worried about gaps? Unsure of what to expect? Any tips on the gaps I will have?

This will be my 2nd so no experience of age gaps yet but my gap will be 2y9m so hoping DD will be slightly calmer and more compliant by then :haha:

This is my 4th, between First to baby there will be a 4 years and 5 months! I do have twins in the middle though, there was a 23 month gap between my first and twins and will be 2 years 6 months between them and this one.

Oh I'm hoping my youngest is a whole lot calmer and a lot less defiant!!

This will be my 2nd so no experience of age gaps yet but my gap will be 2y9m so hoping DD will be slightly calmer and more compliant by then :haha:

Exactly the same here, hoping it will be a nice gap as dd should be old enough to understand but young enough not to care too much :)
She will also be starting big school 6 months after baby arrives so won't feel that she's being pushed away by baby but ill be glad of the break by then lol

There's going to be 4yrs 3months between my two. I would have loved it to be less but it wasn't meant to be unfortunately. There's 13 years between me and my sister and I always wanted my children to be closer in age. My daughter is very excited that she's going to be a big sister and already is planning how she's going to look after the baby, so maybe the bigger gap than planned will be a help!

I will have a 4.5 year gap between my 2, which is always what I wanted, I wanted another by the time lily turned 4 so I'm not far off :D

There will be 18 months between my first and this one. From personal experience there is 5.5 years between me and my sister and we have never got along. It's the same for my husband 5 years between him and his sister. I think it's because you are always at different life stages

I think it depends on each family, I have 2 sisters, my eldest is 8 years older than me, and the other 2 years older than me. I get on a lot better with my eldest which is an 8 year age gap.

There will be 13yrs between my first and this one, my smallest age gap is just under 10 months between #2 & #3 and when #4 came I had 3 under 3. #4 & #5 will have biggest gap in between of 5yrs and 8 months :)

I think it really does have alot to do with the family cause there was 3 years between my sister n me n as far as I'm aware we got on great as kids but when we hit the teenage years we were horrible to eachother!! Didn't help we had to share a room :/

I have 3 kids (16 years old next month, 14 years old next month and 12 years old). The first two have a two year age gap and the second and third have an eighteen month gap. The older two get along great and formed an alliance against the 12 year old. Now if one of the oldest happen to not be around than they get along with the youngest. Funny how that works.

With my 4th on the way the largest gap will be 16 1/2 years and the smallest gap will be 13 years!! They are all excited for another baby.

My sister was 9 years older than me and my brother was 6 years younger and we all got along just fine. It depends on the family and the personalities. :flower:

There is 4 yrs 4 days between my dd1 and dd2 and they get on really well except when dd2 rips dd1's picture ect!! They play great and share well,

There will be 5 years and a few days give or take between dd1 and baby and 2years and a few days between dd2 and baby but dd1 has already made it clear she does not want another baby so who knows how it will turn out this time

we will have a 7 year gap between my ds 1 and baby and an almost 5 year gap between dd and baby. Both are thrilled about having a baby in the house and are honestly going to be a huge help. The 24 month gap between my first two kids was hard. I feel like I hardly got to enjoy my daughter as a newborn because my son was very needy as a toddler. Wouldn't change it for the world as they are now best of friends but definitely looking forward to enjoyingthis little bub without having another in diapers. :) Oh and I am with the ladies who say the age gap doesn't really make a sibling close or not...it really just depends on personality and how they are as a family I believe.

My oldest will be 9 years 9 months older then new baby! My 2nd will be 7 years 11 months older then new baby and my youngest will be 5 years 10 months older then new baby! Not sure how my kids will handle a little baby being the center of attention not only because he/she is a new baby but he/she will be my rainbow!

Now my oldest was 2 years 10 months when my 2nd was born! My oldest back tracked he was potty trained off bottles and paci but started acting like a baby when I had my 2nd. He would take the baby's blanket and bottle and paci he started wetting himself. Thankfully I was able to get him back on track!

When I had my 3rd my oldest was 4 years 11 month and my 2nd was 2 years 1 month when I had my 3rd that was hard. My 2nd has had a lot of medical issues so dealing with that and new baby was difficult! Bc my 2nd oldest was 1 1/2 when his daddy left for army if affected him! He had trust issues possibly PTSD! I won't call it PTSD but I strong believe bc of how my son is affected and what happens to him! me and my hub believe so but I'm already dealing with his anxiety and ADHD.

Needless to say its going to be interesting when this baby comes along!

2.5 years, just hoping my oldest calms down a bit!

My daughter and baby bean will be 5.5 years apart. She will just be starting Kindergarden when the baby is born - who hoo only one day care and one in diapers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->