Age Related Rant!

ciarhwyfar

3 time Mum
Reaction score
Sorry, I know many of you are still trying for that BFP or to keep that BFP (knocks on wood) but there is no section for older expecting mothers and I have just had one more WTF moment over in 1st Trimester.

I had my first employment out of the house at 17. Since then I have supported myself, gone to college, and raised my 21 year old until my two year old was born and then have let the OH support us to give her the best home we can. Has the workplace/work ethic changed so much that it is acceptable or appropriate to even suggest telling off, swearing at, or making rude gestures to a co-worker? There are so many times that the responses over there are so, well, I admit, immature that it makes me want to scream.

If they go through life, much less the next several months, with chips on their shoulders the size of the Rock of Gibraltar, I think they are going to find things tougher than they need to be on themselves and everyone around them. There are plenty of day I already have trouble trying to keep things as positive as possible with mood swings and all. Sigh, maybe age does bring wisdom, eh?

Thank you for letting me get this out.

As a grumpy old bugger myself im trying to understand your post but i cant!!! Whhhhaaaat? If its young idiots at work treating you like a fool then YAY i hear you. Im 20 years older than my collegues and i literally come home with mouth ulcers from biting my lip. Other than that it is indeed a rant;)

Someone on the first trimester board was complaining about a rude comment a co-worker made and almost every reply was tell her off, flip her off, complete over-reaction to the original comment. When the original poster finally gave enough information to actually figure out there was a real conflict with the co-worker, it was obvious a case of jealous and they need to go to the supervisor. The type of comments to the post still haven't changed. These people act like they are in still in the school room and that everything is about them.

rant away honey! I hear your pain! I'm not sure if it's an age thing as such but I know some people do find it really difficult when someone is assertive or speaks their mind. I think it's great that there's lots of support on the forum and I think sometimes people want to support each other so much that they tend to side with whoever has posted something without really being that interested in the bigger picture. Add all the hormones flying around too and I imagine that accentuates everything!! Maybe start a thread for over 35 buddies in the 1st Tri section and hopefully some of us can join you there soon and have a good old rant together!! xx :hugs:

I'll join if you like? I tend to just not read stuff that's obviously going to be a bit petty or daft or deteriorate into an enormous mud-slinging match about who said what in the wrong tone of typeface - I don't think it's always age-dependent though, I think some people kinda remain at that stage for life...but then I am a grumpy old 40 year old and am also finding pregnancy hormones make me fantastically intolerant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->