Agnus Castus and Starflower Oil - help?!

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone able to give me any advice on the supplements I am taking? A quick bit of history….. I had my first bfp in 2011 first time trying and had my DD in July 2012. I then had my second bfp first time trying in Nov 2013 and it sadly ended with MMC in Jan this year. I am desperate to try again but my cycles are unrecognizable and I haven’t been lucky so far.

I now ovulate on CD 16 which is 4-5 days early for me, but that it ok. I am having a lot of mid cycle bleeding and spotting – last cycle my af was followed by a week of brown spotting, I had 4 days of spotting when I ovulated and I then started spotting at 5dpo. This continued until AF arrived very early at 9dpo – I usually have a 14 day lutuel phase. I think I probably have a hormone imbalance. I have a drs appointment booked Friday and am going to try acupuncture, first session on Saturday.

I also wanted to try some herbal remedies so went to Holland and barret, described my symptoms and he recommended agnus castus and starfish oil. Please can anyone give me advice on both or either? The agnus castus says on the packet not to take if trying to get pregnant but the man in the health food shop recommended it to me. Its made me nervous but I guess I would just stop as soon as I got a bfp. Is this ok?

The starflower oil is like Evening Primrose Oil but has a strong GLA, again he told me to take it all cycle long but I know many women only take EPO until ovulation? Most of my issues are after ovulation so I don’t really want to stop taking anything before that.

It’s all so confusing. If anyone has advice, experience or anything on either of these or anything else you would recommend please let me know!

Thanks x

Sorry for your loss. I am TTC#3 and got preg in August, MC a couple of months later.
Your body does need a few cycles to adjust after going through that! My first couple of post-MC cycles were messed up with very short LF but it should get better with time.

I am taking FertileAid which has Agnus Castus as an ingredient, my luteal phase is long but I also get days of spotting before AF. This is only my second month taking it, last month there was a bit less spotting so hopefully it is helping.
I take evening primrose, I take it throughout my cycle but at about half the dose after ov. EPO along with FertileCM has really helped my EWCM production.

There is at least one BIG thread on this forum discussing agnus castus (also search for Vitex), seems that it is a miracle for some ladies and just causes problems for some - I am taking with caution but so far, so good.

Thanks MMlm - its so good to know things are getting better for you. I am hoping the supplements dont make things worse but if they do I will stop taking them next cycle perhaps. I will see how I get on. I will have a look for the other big thread and have a read. x

Thanks!
You can search for Vitex or Agnus in the title, they both have lots of results but Vitex has the larger threads.
Anyways hope it helps you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->