Agnus Castus first trimester?

MissGossip

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has taken Agnus Castus throughout their first trimester or a natural progesterone cream that isn't prescribed by doctor.

I'm not pregnant but I did start taking Agnus Castus and got pregnant he second month using it, previous blood tests showed my progesterone levels were low on day 21 so I'm almost 100% convinced Agnus Castus helped me conceive. However I stopped as soon as I found out and went on to miscarriage at 7 weeks but sac measured at about 5 weeks.

Could the drop in progesterone have caused MC, there's lots of conflicting information online about taking AC during first trimester some say it's fine to keep levels up and others say it's a big no no. My only other option is natural progesterone cream you can buy online, I'm worried sick about getting pregnant again and progesterone being too low :( xx

Sorry for your loss hon.

I have low progesterone and have been consulting a herbalist. She's expensive but has helped me start ovulating again and be pregnant twice in six months (first was a loss) and hopefully this is my sticky bean!

She had me use agnus castus/hormone tonic last time and this time I'm taking that and a bio-identical progesterone gel called Progest E (which is available in the UK) until 12w and so far so good.

Happy to pm you her details x

So she said it was fine to take through first trimester? Did you take it all cycle too as it says too stop after O but I thought that would be the time you would need progesterone the most? Thanks for your advice :) will look into progesterone cream :) xx

Yes to first tri and yes to all cycle although others may say stop after o. Progest E is a gel you put on your gums, it's the only bioidentical progesterone I've ever seen available in the uk and is far more effective than a cream. You use a pea sized amount 3 times every day of your luteal phase. Stop if you get AF x

Thank you so much! So many comments saying not to take AC when pregnant or after O but never actually read a bad story of someone that has! Did you get levels checked at Doctors first? I have a short literal phase so all tests I've had at docs have always been at the wrong time but they have always been low xx

There's so much conflicting evidence, I don't think they really know enough about it to be absolutely sure. I guess you just have to read up as much as you can and make a decision on what you think is best for you.

I had my levels checked in May (before I started seeing the herbalist) and it was less than 1. I wasn't ovulating at the time but within a few weeks of taking the hormone tonic from the herbalist, I was ovulating regularly and was pregnant within three months. Lost that one but again, after mc was ovulating within a few weeks and pregnant again after two cycles. Started taking Progest e as soon as I found out. I haven't had progesterone checked since but I'm 8+6 today and so far, all seems well (saw bean with heartbeat at 7w). Keeping everything crossed this is my rainbow!!

Good luck x

Is there are a few things you can do diet wise to help increase levels of progesterone like swapping vegetable oils for coconut oil, cutting out processed food and removing soy from your diet x

thats really useful info thanks :) yes I agree there is so much conflicting info! I saw a doc and had blood tests done in the months running up to my bfp, first one was low and second one was 'satisfactory' which obviously still isnt great! I truly believe Agnus Castus helped me conceive but am concerned about getting another bfp and how to handle my hormone levels, i shall continue AC and worry about that when the time comes haha. So glad your pregnancy is going well, my MC happened at 7 weeks but growth had stopped about 5 I think so Im pretty sure its down to hormone levels. Fingers crossed! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->