Ah this just dawned on me!

StarAngel

Reaction score
Amm.... so this week I will be 33 weeks pregnant and starting to feel it, am starting to slow down a bit and achy muscles to the point that I have to postpone gym until after birth and stick to pilates and walks. Today I was in post office and it suddenly dawned on me that my waters could break at ant time from here on out!! That left me both very excited and feeling totally unprepared!!! Anyone else feel that way towards the end? I want her here so bad now but also am FREAKING the hell out lol!!!

I'm a bit in front of you, but only just starting to feel prepared. I've literally spent 3 days cleaning everything within a inch of its life as its pretty scary knowing that neither me or my twin have made it past 36weeks :(. I figure its best to take it one day at a time tho otherwise the wait would be horrible lol.

I have everything prepared except for my hospital bag & brain. I'm not ready to face the pain. I've never had a child before but I can see how big my belly is and don't know how that's going to get through my hoohaa. I also do NOT want any events to happen at work.

I have everything prepared except for my hospital bag & brain. I'm not ready to face the pain. I've never had a child before but I can see how big my belly is and don't know how that's going to get through my hoohaa. I also do NOT want any events to happen at work.

I'm in exactly the same spot. I am not scared about labor on a day-to-day basis, and then all of the sudden I'll think about contractions and pain and pushing and I start panicking.

For the life of me, I can't picture what my baby's face will look like, and that is keeping me from feeling like he's real. I feel him moving constantly, but somehow without seeing him, he's still not real.

I want to work up until I go into labor but am terrified my water will break while I'm at my desk and I'll have to embarrassingly tell everyone what happened and have maintenance disinfect my office. How gross for them. It's carpeted, so wouldn't they technically have to replace the carpet? Yuck. Really hoping I'm at the hospital when my water breaks and I get lots of forewarning with contractions so I can at least be at home on wood or tile haha.

Try not to worry about water breaking. It's not a given that it would be the first sign of labour and even if it went without warning its not like you can be blamed for it x

Not in third tri yet only 17 weeks with my twins but pop in time to time to have a read! Just thought I'd let u know that I know 100% how you feel. With my first daughter I was living with my OHs mum.. Believe it or not my main concern was my waters going on her peach carpet!! My waters actually went in bed, but I was begging my oh to get a towel for the floor so I could stand up as I was so embarrassed about the thought of my mother in law having to scrub my waters out of her carpet! Even to this day they all joke about how I was more concerned for her carpet than what was actually happening lol. Try not to worry too much, most people's waters go with a trickle not a gush so in hind sight if them going at work is a major worry for you grab some sanitary towels over the next few weeks and wear one at work to hopefully make the whole experience a little more dignified if it does happen! I wore a pad every time I left the house with my eldest and youngest in the last few weeks, I was obsessed with the idea that they'd go in the middle of asda! Luckily for me both went at night though x

I'm not too worried about a mess at home-we have a steam cleaner and I'll put a bed pad on after 36 weeks but I feel like I should have an extra pair of pants and a few pads at work just incase an incident does happen. A spare cardigan in the closet to walk to the bathroom with over hips to cover up any wet. I hate hate hate wearing pads, have been using the diva cup for years, haven't touched a pad since I was 13 and first got AF lol.

I'm nearly 33 weeks and keep thinking it's not long, I'm so excited but it's scary to think about lol
No matter how much I have done I still feel un organised.. Just keep thinking what I have to do and new things keep adding to my list

It really is not likely that your water will just break out of no where. Labor is actually nothing like what they depict in the movies :winkwink: So don't worry yourself about that one!

I'm 30 weeks and its also starting to hit me. I've had to cut back at the gym as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->