AHH.

S

Serene123

I don't know if this is true, but my friend who's training to be a Midwife reckons people have to give birth naked now? WHAT? That can't be true surely?

I know over here you are not naked. I was in the delivery room with my friend, and she was dressed in one of those hospital gowns. That would be very uncomfortable...and cold. I would refuse! They cant MAKE you be naked...can they???

Hmmm, this really isn't true. It's a matter of choice. Obviously if you want to be naked then I'm sure that's fine, but it would be very cold. I really can't imagine giving birth in the middle of December with NOTHING on.

Shes only been doing midwifery since September and it's really starting to bug me. She thinks she knows everything. She's constantly worrying me. Sure midwives are meant to do the oposite? If she doesn't stop soon I'm gonna kick off, I know it!

I can only imagine that she thinks she's helping. That's one of the things you get almost constantly when you're pregnant though - people always offering their own advice and opinions, even when you don't want them. It's hard to be polite about it all the time.

:rofl: Just don't try to listen to too much that she says, and if she gets really bad, let her know.

She was poking about in my belly the other day pretending she knew what she was doing. Of course, I knew she was lying. She sed she felt my uterus but even qualified midwives can't to that yet. She made me feel awfully sick too. I'm gonna have to put my foot down!

Yeah, sometimes you just can't keep being polite about it. If it's causing you to worry unnecessarily then that obviously isn't good. I hate how everyone feels qualified to give you their advice, even if they've absolutely no experience of pregnancy.

Exactly. My sisters been telling me what I can and can't eat LOL. It's driving me mad. I just want people to let me get on with it. I've done alright so far!

im sure they wont force you but i did get naked right at the end as i was so bloody hot!

Depends who's there I guess but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel comfortable lol!

Yeah, it will definately be a matter of choice - not like 'OMG You're having a baby! Get your clothes off right this second!' I dunno though, right now I don't feel comfortable with the thought of getting naked in delivery, but at the time I'll probably feel a lot less inhibited about it. After all, they're seeing a lot more of you than most people would anyway!

they are gonna see it all anyway lol - downthere in delivery and ur boobs if you breast feed, but I cant imagne any midwife to ask a woman durin labour to strip I think there would be a lot of black eyes lol

x

i never thought i would take my nighty off and i lasted till rhys was crowning and then it was like 'get this thing off me' lol at the time i didnt give a fuck what they saw all i wanted was to get rhys out!

You can wear whatever you feel comfortable in, I wore a loose comfy nighty as even though you're in labour you still feel uncomfortable showing your bits and bobs until the end then you couldn't care less if your neighbours were in the room lol.
Sorry but your friend is talking crap.

Cx

with my 1st i wore the nighty i chose to give birth in, with my 2nd i sat on bed and ripped all my clothes on and had a hospital gown over me, nver had time to put it on to push lol! and as for being cold! no chance of tht!

yeah i agree with last post ive never heard of ppl being told to strip i bet most the women dont have time for that lol u can wear ur own nighty or a hosi gown or if ur hot i suppose u could go naked if thats wat u wanted depends if u use birthing pool i guess but i wouldnt listen to ur friend nobody can make u go naked no way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->