Ahhh what a relief!!

Mummyjohnson

Reaction score
Just had a weight off my mind ..16 stones worth to be exact! I'm a home carer and one person I visit weighs 16 stone and is in the late stages of motor neurones disease. I spoke to my manager about being pregnant today and she says she's going to drop him from my rota, because there's no way a pregnant woman should be going there. The sense of relief is amazing!!! Every night I come home, feeling like my back is going to break. So this is such a relief, that I won't have to do it anymore.... Anyway I know it's random, but I wanted to share, because I was so so worried about my work being awkward about it and us potentially losing our baby from having to work in a terrible environment for pregnancy. It's been very worrying, so thank god for that!! x

Edited to say sorry for any offense caused. It's a very very difficult person we care for. We have every sympathy for what he goes through, but he makes life extremly difficult for us over things that are unnecessary. One carer has a slipped disc as a result of moving him and everyone has bad sciatica whilst they work with him, so I'm just venting some frustration over it. When I had an early misscarriage prior, it happenned shortly after a bad shift working with him. Which I'd never know if it happenned as a result, but I have a strong hunch it was related. Anyway I won't have to go there anymore, so I'm glad about that.

As a carer myself it worries me that you say things like his 'personality matches his dead weight' and 'everything is wrong with him including his 'sheer stench'. The poor man is in the later stages of a serious illness of course hes going to have alot of problems.

yes your pregnant, and obviously cant be expected to care for someone on your own who is such hard work, however, you can at least show some him respect.

I also thought this post was very sad to be phrased like that :(

I think maybe this post should be edited and re phrased. As a cared my self I understand the hard work we all have to do and the dangers of care work whilst being pregnant. Please re read your post and edit it or take the post down.

I know its difficult and you may think someones difficult to care for but doesn't mean other people want to read things like that :(

As a carer myself this is a very harsh post! he cant help it if ges extremely ill i know its hard but there was no need fir this post (which i think you should know you shouldnt speak to other people about patiets!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->