*Aidan's Arrival*Kind of Long* Pics*

TTCLILCU

Reaction score
Here's a little background about the end of my pregnancy before I give the actual birth story.

I was told at 36 weeks that I was 2cm and alomst 80% effaced. My Dr told me that there was only great chance that I would go before my due date.

At 38 weeks, the fluid around the baby was low and I had to go in for monitoring every 4 days until I had the baby. I was told that I would be induced on the 15th if I didnt go in on my own before then. My due date was the 13th.

Anyway, I went to the Dr on Friday the 9th and was told everything was the same >baby was doing well, etc.< and that I was to come back on the 14th for my last visit and pre-op for my induction.

Well, Monday the 12th was a normal say. I went on about my daily schedule. As I was on maternity leave, I slept late. Got up around 11 and went to my mom's who lived only 5 min away. I then went by my workplace to take care a few things. That evening, I went to my cousins little league game and then came home, showered and got ready for bed.

My DH was on evening shift and got home around 12 am. We stayed up til 1:30 talking and watching TV. As I was sleeping, I felt my waters leaking out. I didnt feel anything leading up to it or a pop or anything like that. I woke up hubby and told him that I think my waters just broke. He hopped up flip on the light and sure enough I was laying in a wet spot. I didnt want to panic so I remember what I was taught in my birthing class about your waters breaking. My instructor told us to make a mental note of >TACO< when our waters break. {T=Time; A=Amount; C=Color; O=Odor} I looked over to notice that it was 5:30 am, noted the amount and that the color and odor was nothing to be concerned about.

I live 40 minutes away for the hospital so bags had been packed and in the car for weeks. I hopped in the shower and put on some clothes and we were on our way to hospital. While driving there, I noticed that my contractions were coming 5 min apart. It was 6:30 once we arrive and I was admitted and put in delivary by 7. Contractions were still coming. by 8:30 they were getting closer and stronger but I still had only dilated 2 cm. By 10 I was getting the epidural. At about 12:30 I was at 8cm. at 1:00 I at 9 and stayed there for a while. at 3:00 I was still at 9 so they put me on a drip to "speed" things up.

I was finally able to push around 4:45! However, once I hit 10, my contractions started to slow back down. They start back coimg at different intervals ranging from 3 to 6 minutes. I ended up pushing for an hour because of this!! The pushing was not painful just tiring.

My handsome little fellow finally came at 5:55 pm. He weighed 6 pounds and 12 ounces and was 20 inches long.

Then came the worse part of the ordeal.....for me. I ended up with a small tear and had to get 2 or 3 stitches. The epidrual began to wear off and this was the worse pain in my life! It was worse than the contractions because it was just constant pain, no breaks in between. Everything was hurting, my back, my bottom and of course my you-know-where. I asked could I have some pain meds. They gave me some but told me that it would take up to 30 minutes to get into system. I kinda felt like I wanted to go to the bathroom to urinate and my nurse allowed me to because I had the feeling back in my legs. I believe had enough pee to filled a gallon jug. lol But some of the pain quickly went away after I was finished.

My nurse told me that normally they would give the pain meds before the epi wore all away but mine wore away right after delivary this is way I fely all the pain all at once. Also, she told me that the pressure from my bladder cause more pain because it was pressing down on the sore areas.

If you are still reading, I hope that I did not bore you to death with my loooooong birth story. Here's a pic of my little man.

Attachments

• Aidan.jpg
    Aidan.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 33
He is such a cutie!!! He has alot of hair too!

Congrats. He is just so cute! :) And that little monkey on his top is adorable too, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->