Aidyn James - 20/10/09 - 14 days overdue!

jlosomerset

Mummy to 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Well we survived the 1st week as a family of 5 so whilst everyone else is asleep thought I would post my birth story, well done if you get to the end, it is a long one!!!

As the bumpkins will all know Aidyn was due on 6th October but he kept his mummy waiting for another 14 days, in that time I had 3 stretch n sweeps which did absolutely nothing!!

I was due to be induced on day 15 (21st) but had an appointment at MAU to be monitored for a hour on the 20th.

I woke up at 6.30am on the 20th and was experiencing some tightenings, carried on as normal, gave the boys their breakfast, showered, dressed, still having some tightenings that I thought were coming closer together but they werent painful, as usual we were running late so just grabbed a cereal bar for brekkie, loaded boys in the car and set off for school, luckily for me I also popped my hospital bags in the car, just in case.

After taking DS1 to school, picked up DH who then dropped me at the hospital at 9.30 and took DS2 to my aunties.

Booked in to MAU and told midwife I was having some contractions, they hooked me straight up to the monitor and left me there, DH came back at 10.30 by which time I seemed to be contracting 5 in 10 mins, frequent and I could feel them but was breathing through them.
Midwife came back to check me, after telling doctor I was in early labour, she did an internal and I was shocked to be told that I was 7cm and she had better find me a bed swiftly!!

I had hoped to be able to go to the birthing centre instead of the labour ward but because I was +14 I had been told that this wouldnt be possible, I did ask again though and when the midwife came back we found out that main labour ward was full so I was going to the birthing centre:happydance:

My room at the birthing centre was lovely, lit with lamps, no bed just big 6ft long bean bags and calming essential oils burning, I was coping ok with the contractions with DH's support but by 1pm I decided that I needed gas and air also.
At 2.55pm I started to push, knelt over on the bean bags without the gas and air and Aidyn arrived at 3.03pm, so quick!!
He didnt cry and was just instantly a chilled out baby.

I decided to have a natural 3rd stage and wait for my placenta to deliver, unfortunately it didnt so after a hour of me pushing and various midwifes trying I had the injection, unfortunately this didnt work either so had to transfer back to main labour ward where the sister tried to remove it, I was back on the gas and air the pain was unbearable, she decided that it was firmly attached and called the consultant, me and DH were both in tears by this point not knowing what was going to happen, and our little man was still wrapped up in a towel and not been weighed!!

The consultant decided that I needed to go to theatre for manual removal so at 6.15pm I went to theatre and had a spinal, my god that hurt, and the doctor removed my placenta and also gave me 2 stitches for a small tear. I was back in my room by 7.15pm relieved for it to be over!!

Aidyn was weighed and dressed whilst I was in theatre and I was shocked to find out he was 9lb6oz, his brothers were 7lb12oz and 7lb1oz!!

Eventually over 3 hours after Aidyn was born we started phoning people to let them know.

I was moved to the post natal ward when my drip ran out at midnight and had to stay in hospital wednesday night aswell so I could be monitored for blood loss and infection.

Wednesday I felt very weak and sore but once my catheter was removed and I started to move about things slowly improved.

Back at home DH has been a gem, he had a week off of work and literally took over the running of the house, leaving me to concentrate on Aidyn and myself.
Aidyn, at the moment, is a complete dream, feeding and sleeping really well we hardly know we have him:cloud9:

I still feel that I had a very positive birth experience and Aidyns entrance into the world was so calm it was just unortunate for me that my 3rd stage was so traumatic.

Well done if you got this far and thanks for reading.
Also thanks to all the bumpkins for your support:hugs:

Congratulations hun, he's gorgeous

Congratulations!!..I like the way you said you packed your bags just in case..I guess your gut instinct really is ALWAYS right. xxxx

Congratulations! What a lovely birth you had :)

congratulations again, hope he's still bein chilled out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->