• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AIO One size cloth diapers?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
So I am looking in to starting cloth diapering. My baby girl is almost 9lbs (8 1/2 as of a few days ago). I was wondering if I could get some tips from any of you lovely ladies about AIO one size diapers. I figured these were the easiest to transition to for FTM after using disposables. I am open to advice and stories but I have a few questions too!

1. How do you wash the AIO cloth diapers?
2. Does the one size fits all really fit all? How does it work for smaller babies?
3. Is all you need is the diaper nothing else?
4. Does a diaper genie work for storage for the diapers until able to wash them?

I know these are probably really newbie questions, and I am sorry for that. Here are the diapers I am looking at now, would love some input about them or maybe a cheaper brand if you ladies know of any with cute designs.

https://www.kellyscloset.com/Blueberry-One-Size-Simplex-All-in-One-Diaper_p_4498.html

1. How do you wash the AIO cloth diapers?

After prepping I do a pre-rinse on cold with Tide, then a heavy long wash on hot with Tide. Dry in the dryer or out on the line in warmer weather. AIO's do take a LOT longer to dry though, just so you're aware of that.

2. Does the one size fits all really fit all? How does it work for smaller babies?

OS fits most, not all. Some brands fit particular babies better than others.....for example Grovia brand tends to fit trimmer babies imo, while Sunbaby size 2 fits wider bellies and legs. My preemie boys fit into THX AIO newborn style at 5lbs. They're over 10lbs now and I those Sunbaby pockets fit them best with a prefold (I prefer one of those laid on top rather than futzing around with stuffing inserts -essentially I'm using them like softer covers).

3. Is all you need is the diaper nothing else?

For AIO's yes. That's all you need unless you have a very heavy wetter, in which case an additional insert during longer stretches (like night time) can be beneficial.

4. Does a diaper genie work for storage for the diapers until able to wash them?

If you pull the plastic rolls out it would work as a plain pail I suppose, but soiled diapers do best when they can breathe in an open pail so maybe you could find a way to prop the lid?. I know it sounds odd but if you close a lid on them they start smelling pretty strongly in a much shorter period of time. Open lid, mind don't smell at all. I wash every two or three days.

Blueberry Simplex is a great but pretty expensive brand. Like I said, I'm personally a fan of Sunbaby's. You can pick up a dozen for $54 and stuff them with either inserts (12 for $21) or something like cotton pre-folds. If you choose microfiber know you can't put that directly against the skin, it's too drying. Just something to keep in mind as you build your stash. Pockets, or pre-folds with covers seem daunting but really aren't as tough to work with as one would assume, and they're faaaaar less expensive.

Thanks so much hun! That reply helped me out so much. I am for sure going to check out sunbaby. You are the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->