Airport Security - Body Scanners?

cheekylupita

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on going through airport security, the big scanner things? TSA says they're perfectly safe for pregnant travelers, but if you have doubts you may opt out and be patted down. What do you ladies think? Have your doctors said anything? I have to wait weeks to see my doctor so I haven't been able to ask.

Thanks!

I flew quit a bit when pregnant with dd and always went through the scanner. Never had any problems and my Dr never said not to. She's perfectly healthy.

They normally have 2 types of scanners - the regular one and the one where doors shut around you and you have to raise your arms. I would go through the regular one (and have done at 4-5 weeks and will do so again at 13 weeks and then at 18 weeks) but wouldn't go through the sophisticated one.

I didn't want to go through the full body scanners when pregnant with DD. I just told the security I was pregnant and they sent me through the regular metal detector instead. Unless you look suspicious, they don't seem to have a problem with it.

I always opt out of the full body scanner, pregnant or not. Often times I make it through faster than my husband and the TSA agents that do the pat down are always friendly. I consider it a little massage before flying ;-)

Does anyone have any advice on going through airport security, the big scanner things? TSA says they're perfectly safe for pregnant travelers, but if you have doubts you may opt out and be patted down. What do you ladies think? Have your doctors said anything? I have to wait weeks to see my doctor so I haven't been able to ask.

Thanks!

I travelled when I was about 6 weeks. I read that the first ones were fine but not the ones where you out your hands up. But when I got to the airport went through the first one and it bleeped so I was told to go into the other one. I told security I was pregnant and didn't want to. She told me that I should have told them before going through the first one as that had more electricity. She did asure me though that there is more electricity in the plane when flying than in the scanners though so all will be fine.

On the return flight I told security at the start and they just pay you down instead which I felt a lot more comfortable with.

I always tell them I'm pregnant and they pat me down instead. I have no idea if it's safe or not, I assume it is but why risk it when they can do a pat down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->