Alaska Meetup - Anchorage

genkigemini

Jack-Jack's Mommy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I know AKgrown is from AK and I am here but I have seen some new other Alaska girlies around the forum and would like to know if you guys would like to meetup for coffee or lunch or head off to the zoo or something. If anyone is interested, please let me know. :thumbup:

Sarah

Hiiii. I am moving to Anchorage in feb 2013. Is there another thread or is this it? I'm down for meeting peeps in Ak. :D

You are so lucky I spent 13 years up in Eagle River just outside of Anchorage. I still have some family up there. You will love it. If I was still up there I would love to meet up. It is such an amazing place to raise your kids. Good Luck.

Eagle river is where we are going to live!
:D I am excited.

It is so pretty. I miss it everyday. I hope you enjoy it was an amazing place to grow up.

Why did you move away?
I'm going to be there for four years, possibly seven.
I want to make friends there...
What are your favorite places?
The library looks awesome. I can't wait to see the northern lights. :D

I moved to be closer to my grandfather who was really sick. I was planning to move back but I meet the man of dreams and started a family. We were really lucky and my parents were able to be stationed there for almost 10 years and I stayed after they left. I am not sure which base you will be at but they both are great. The people there are great it was so easy to make friends. I still talk to so many people up there. I used to volunteer at the library so it holds a lot of memories. I love the little coffee houses in town. I also love the little hole in the wall resturants. The Bear Paw Festival in July was always fun. In Anchorage there is the Sat. market in the summer which is so much fun to walk around and kid friendly. The fair is also alot of fun it is out in Palmer about a 40 min drive. I am not sure where you are moving from but when I moved there to the lower 48 I noticed how diffrent the pace of life is from there.

I'm from AK too (obviously) :p !!

Can't really meet up with you ladies though.. I'm on Kodiak Island :/

I lived in Anchorage for 8 years. My dad was stationed at Elmendorf AFB. And I went to Bartlett High school where I met my husband we graduated in 2008. My in laws still live up there. We were just there for the whole month of December. I think when the hubby and I decide to buy a house we'll be buying one in the Palmer/Wasilla area one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->