Alexander Calvin Black 18/01/2009

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
Well I figured since my mom is here helping me out I would do this as I have the extra set of hands and some time.

After a full week of wondering when it was going to happen, if it was going to happen, and how it was going to happen....I ate 3/4 of a full pineapple friday night, the 16th f January and went to bed thinking nothing of it.

Saturday, January 17th I woke up from the worst sleep of my life terrible back and hip pain, but again thought nothing of it.

At 9:30am my waters broke in bed, right when I rolled onto my back. I thought I had peed myself....but didn't really because I figured I had good control of my bladder throughout the whole pregnancy so this had to be something other than pee. So I shimmied over to get out of bed and yet another trickle came out and when I sat down on the toilet and did not "bear down" to pee asnd stuff came out I knew it had to be my waters. So I called Chris into the bathroom and said "do not be alarmed but I think my waters broke" To which he sat down on the tub ledge and we both started laughing thinking of what we were suppose to do now.

We went down stairs and called our Doula who said we could wait it out, do some stairs and go for a walk and see if that sparked my cotractions. It didn't. So by 1:00pm I had had enough and decided to go to the hospital to see be assessed.

We got to the hospital at 1:30pm and I was assessed and they confirmed that my water had borken, gave me a room and Chris and I sort of just sat there. The nurses came and said that usually they wait for things to hapen on their own for 12 hours, and if nothing did then they would induice me, so d what I can to trigger something if anything. So we did stairs, walked, I bounced on a ball but nothing happened. At one point Chris had left to go look after our pets and when he was gone for too long I got anxious and they checked my blood pressure and it was high, but nothing at that point for concern.

When Chris got back it was around 7pm and by 7:30pm our best friends had come and we were playing cards and just hanging out. I took my laptop and we watched some Friends episodes and tried to watch a movie. At 10ish pm I think they checked my blood pressure again and it was 149/111 (I will never forget that number because it was the death of me from that moment on). The doctor on call came in and told me that my blood pressure was way to high and that I would have to be put on magnesium sulfate to help lower....therefore I would have to have an IV...if I didn;t have this I would possible seize during labor and could ptentially die :shock:, so it was necessary. They strapped me up to the IV where I had fluids, magnessium sulfate and Oxytocin being injected into me as they dediced to induce labor to get things started as they did not want me on the magnessium sulfate for too long with the baby inside of me.

By 11:30pm all this was happening and my friends were there with me and so was Chris and our Doula. They had to put a cathetar in me because they wanted to monitor the fluid output to make sure I did not go toxic with the magnesium sulfate. That lasted all of about a half an hour and I pretty well made them take it out and I would pee into a cup if they wanted to measure my output, as I already felt to tied down being hooked up to the IV and the BP monitor and the stupid doppler thingy that measures contractions and babies heart rate. :hissy: I was so closterphobic!!! This was not what I had planned.

Now we just wait.

Started getting contractions, time I am not sure, but I know that my best friends had gone and at 5:30am Chris had told them to come back, so they were there by 6am on Sunday, the 18th morning.

Lots of things are a blur after all of this. I was told I would have to get an epidural because of the induction, but I didn't. I used laughing gas which was hilarious in the beginning, said some crazy things and talked real funny. It wore off though and by the end I was just using it as a breathing tool.

The doctor came in to check me at around 10:30am and said that I was 7 cm dilated and if I did not progress soon she was going to go to the other room and deliver that baby and probably have to use to vacuum on me :shock:. So I did what I could strapped to an IV and everything else. The best position at that point was sitting on the toilet :rofl: and then between contraction having Chris hold me in standing position while we swayed back and forth.

Within half an hour I think I had my show and was back in the bed and they checked me and I was 9.75cm dilated.....so they did some weird stuff and made me push to try and get my cervix out of the way which actually worked.

I pushed for about 45 minutes. The doctor said that she was going to have to use the vacuum again and when she said that I would push 4 times instead of 3 times just to prove to her that I was NOT having that vacuum put on my babies head.

At 11:45am Alexander :)cry:) Calvin :)cry:) Black :)cry:) was born weighing in at 7lbs 4oz. He is perfect. He passed that AGPAR thingy with flying colors and barely even cried when he was able to. I remember holding Chris's hand and my My best friend AMy's hand and when Alexander did cry we all looked at each other and burst into tears. Amy looked at me and said it was the most amazing thing she had ever seen......Chris balled and I cried lots. I was really proud though. After the huge curveballs they had thrown at me I was able to have the natural birth I had planned all along....even if I was induced.

He is pretty amazing....we are not sure who he looks like right now, but we are pretty sure he is perfect.

Now I am on blood pressure medication and monitoring it everyday. The day they went to discharge me (Monday) I was not allowed because at the time my BP was 157/101 :shock: so they kept me ANOTHER night and Chris had to go home because he had to go back to work, so my mom cam and spent the night with me. It was pretty rocky and emotional but on Tuesday when I was released it was the best day of my life!

Thank you all for reading, sorry if some of it is a little scattered....i was scattered at the time.

Here are a few pics....some emotional ones.....figured you guys would enjoy them....

:hug:
:cloud9:
Jaylene & Alexander

Attachments

• Baby 015.jpg
    Baby 015.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Baby 017.jpg
    Baby 017.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 183
  • Baby 030.jpg
    Baby 030.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Baby 060.jpg
    Baby 060.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Baby 097.jpg
    Baby 097.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 151
OMG that first picture made me bawl! For real! :rofl:

What a wonderful story! It made me want to give birth again.

Ok not really, but maybe someday :)

Btw I had the vacuum, it wasn't that bad :rofl:

well done sweetie you did really well, he is a little cutie, congrats, and i loved reading your birth story. xx

What a gorgeous little bundle you have there ~ I welled up looking at that first pic too........so moving!!

Congratulations to you and your OH ~ thanks for sharing hun xxxxx

He is so gorgeous!

Reading your story I was reminded of when I started going into labour... it was one of the best memories for me and Tom... im not sure why, but just the moment that we knew Jasmine was on her way... It was such an amazing feeling.

:cloud9:Big Big congrats!!! I loved the photos u shared they made the story basically come to life!!!! x x x:hug::hug:

Wow, what a story! Mahoosive congrats hon, he's gorgeous!!! :hugs:

Great pics...really capture the moment!! lol

Congratulations x

Huge congratulations Jaylene.

He's a little cutie. Great pictures too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->