Alkalizing the body??

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
Have any of you had to do this? After 6 months ttc, I finally bought a pH test kit and it seems that I'm very acidic... so maybe I've just been killing off all DH's sperm :cry:

I've been reading about how to make the body more alkaline, but the problem is I already eat tons of fruits and veggies, and avoid most processed food... I keep seeing I should try apple cider vinegar in water, or baking soda in water, but how often to ensure my pH remains alkaline? Does one glass only alkalize the body for a short amount of time, or does it last all day?

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm totally confused lol. Any advice would be SO appreciated! :flower:

wow... I have never heard of this. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but you have definitely given me something to look in to. If I find anything I will post it for you

Baby dust!

I can't really find a good answer online, other than diets, which you say you already eat pretty. Here's what I found on baking soda tho

"Baking soda is highly alkaline and can assist in balancing your body's pH, according to Drugs.com. Drink a large 8 oz. glass of water mixed with 1/2 tsp. baking soda several times a day for a quick adjustment in pH levels, suggests Baroody. Baking soda can raise your blood pressure, so if you take medicines for hypertension or have untreated high blood pressure, avoid consuming baking soda unless you are under medical supervision. Baroody recommends not drinking more than a total of 4 tsp. baking soda daily, but to only consume this amount if you are seriously ill. Consult your health practitioner for dosing directions"

Lemons are alkaline forming, perhaps having lemons in your diet may help?

I have been reading about this doctor from NY named Dr. Sami David who is an author and RE. He has told when to do a baking soda douche to make cm more close to sperms ph. This is what I found:
These instructions were given by my doctor, Dr. Sami David:

1 tablespoon fresh baking soda dissolved in 1 cup boiling water.
Let cool to room temperature.
Fill simple hand held douche with the solution (a Massengil douche container that has been emptied of its previous contents).
Fill tub with 2 inches of warm water or lay towel in tub, then
while LYING DOWN FLAT in the tub, gently douche for no more than 1 minute.
after completing the douche, stand up in the tub, cough and place a finger in the vagina to remove remaining water. Have relations 1 to several hours following douche. The douche lasts 24 hours.
This douche is only to be used at mid-cycle around time of ovulation, usually for 2-3 times per month. If used more frequently it can, in some cases, cause a urinary tract infection.

I have never don't this but I think I am going to do this as my RE has already told me that I have hostile cm. Also, make sure you are testing your ph around time of O to make sure that you are acidic because our cm is very acidic except for around O. Then it changes so that the sperm can live longer.

found the info. at https://www.fertileheart.com/forum/topic.php?id=3697

Hope this helps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"