All about: Implantation (timing & symptoms)

xMissChellex

Reaction score
I found a post on babycentre and found it really interesting, so thought id share :flower:

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a3696155/all_about_implantation_timing_symptoms

Implantation

What is it?

After the egg has released it only has 12-24 hours to be fertilised.

Once fertilised in the fallopian tube the egg is sucked through the fallopian tube into the womb. It will arrive in the womb around 5 days after conception.

Once there the egg (also known as the 'blatocyst') begins the process of attaching itself to the endometrium by digging and burrowing into the lining and producing hcg.

How long does it take?

Just because the fertilised egg 'can' arrived in the womb at 5dpo it doesn't necessary mean it will immiediately start to implant, often the fertilised egg floats around for a while before decided to embed and dig itself in. It usually takes about a week on average for implantation to start but i can happen anywhere between 6dpo and 12dpo.

Implantation 'can' happen in as little as one day but can take up to 4 or 5 full days to complete and for the blatocyst to completely attach.

Over 80% of pregnancies implantation will occur between 8-10 dpo.

It can then take a further 2 to 4 days for your kidneys to process the hcg and secrete it into your urine so it can be picked up on a HPT.

If you experience implantation bleeding you should try and wait 2-4 days after it's stopped before you test (unsing a test at 25mUL or less) it is possible to still get a negative at this point, if you do, wait 48-72 hours and re-test (this is the time it takes for hcg to double)

Yeah but when can i test?

Detection of hCG depends on timing of implantation, so hCG can normally be detected in the blood between nine and 16 days after ovulation (HPT: 12-19 days after ovulation).

Okay so just say everything runs perfectly and the blatocyst arrives in your uterus at 5dpo and imlants in a day it is 'possible' to get a +hpt at around 8dpo.

However, on average it won't start to implant into the womb until 8dpo. Say once again you're lucky and it only takes a day to implant then you could on average get a bfp at 9po. Hence where many early test hpt's claim you can get a +hpt 6 days before your period.

Yet, bare in mind it may not occur until 12dpo and it 'may' take 4 full days to complete so that would take you up 15dpo. It 'can' then take up to four days for the hcg to be secreted into your urine so hello?! that's 18/19dpo already before you can get a +hpt. yes, this means implantation may not complete until AFTER your AF is due.

Infact, research found that 10% of pregnancies may not show up on a hpt on the first day of your missed period. [ https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a2278545/helpful_research ]

Symptoms of Implantation.

In all honesty the majority of woman will not get any symptoms of implantation.

Implantation cramps: small cramps inside the uterus
Implantation spotting or bleeding: Short brief spotting (a couple of drops of light or dark blood)
A second temperature shift on the temperature curve
A temperature dip at about seven to ten days after ovulation

Tell me more on implantation bleeding please?

Okay so the ever elusive and much talked about implantation bleeding. Despite how it may see it's actually not 'that' common occurance with it generally happening in only 30% of pregnancies.

While there is no way of being 100% sure whether spotting is an implantation bleed until you have missed a period there are a couple of useful indicators that can help you check.

Appearance - Implantation bleeding tends to be a lighter pink/brown colour rather than the dark red that's usual for menstrual blood. Sometimes it may even appear as a light flow of bright red blood
Timing - If you conceive you will experience implantation bleeding before your period is due, usually around 9 days after you ovulate (but can occur between 6dpo and 12dpo on average).
Duration - Implantation bleeding tends only to last for a day or two and occurs intermittently.
Heaviness - Unlike the progressively heavy flow of a menstrual period, implantation bleeding tends only to occur as light spotting or coloured discharge the flow will not 'increase' as you'd expect AF to.

I want to read more

https://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/547.html

https://www.fertilityhelper.net/how_soon_after_ovulation_will_a_pregnancy_test_show_positive.html

https://www.askbaby.com/implantation-bleeding.htm

https://babymed.com/FAQ/Content.aspx?13394

https://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html#27

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/implantation-bleeding.html

Fantastic find!! Thank you for posting this. It denfinatly needs to be bumped up to the top each day.

Just from exp wiyh my last two successful pregnancies .. i did not get any implantation bleeding. I also didnt get my BFP until 3 days after missed period. My LP is usually 15 days .. so it turned out to be at 18dpo.

For all of us waiting in the TWW limbo .. dont be too discouraged by bfns at an early stage. It is still possible!!

Gl to you all on ttc journies. And thanks again xmisschellex for posting this.

you're welcome :flower:

i found it and interesting read and it definitely puts my mind at ease on the 2ww !

x

You think I cpuld be clutching at straws hoping I have ib at 13dpo and its not af? I know its probably af but really wish it wasnt. Ive had a little pink spotted cm on cervix when checking cp but only twice through the day since this am ff predicted my af for today so I know its on its way Just thought id vent and see if u think its possible

sometimes checking your cervix (especially people who check it a few times a day) can cause bleeding in itself. i wouldnt personally recommend anyone to do it.. as people dont know what they're really looking for/feeling for.. so many things can affect your CP and it's not worth the risk of bleeding/infection.

Thanks, I've give up as spotting has picked up now and is visible when I wipe So definately think af is on her way
Fx for you all

Hi hope you guys don't mind if I jump in?? (Sorry if tmi) So I'm kind of confused!? Iok so my cycle length is 29 days. And I got AF Dec. 11th then ovulated the 24th. Now I'm almost 100% sure I ovulated dec 24. Soooo I am now 13dpo and I'm confused because on 9dpo I had spotting NOT even spotting just very little blood when I went to wipe. I took a test 11dpo and it was bfn. So could this have been ovulation bleeding!?!? I was looking up IB and then...in the search bar ovulation bleeding came up...I feel dumb...call me clueless but if have never heard of ovulation bleeding :/ because everything I read says IB happens within 7 days of your missed period but when I was spotting it was still 10 days until my next period...so I either ovulated WAY late or was this IB?? :shrug: I'm so confused can it still be IB or is this a bad sign :( also don't know if this makes a difference but I have been hungry 24/7! And (sorry if tmi again) but just starting today I have been having ewcm. I didn't test again yet, waiting until the 6th (15dpo) AF due the 10th. Good luck to everyone for a bfp!! :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi hope you guys don't mind if I jump in?? (Sorry if tmi) So I'm kind of confused!? Iok so my cycle length is 29 days. And I got AF Dec. 11th then ovulated the 24th. Now I'm almost 100% sure I ovulated dec 24. Soooo I am now 13dpo and I'm confused because on 9dpo I had spotting NOT even spotting just very little blood when I went to wipe. I took a test 11dpo and it was bfn. So could this have been ovulation bleeding!?!? I was looking up IB and then...in the search bar ovulation bleeding came up...I feel dumb...call me clueless but if have never heard of ovulation bleeding :/ because everything I read says IB happens within 7 days of your missed period but when I was spotting it was still 10 days until my next period...so I either ovulated WAY late or was this IB?? :shrug: I'm so confused can it still be IB or is this a bad sign :( also don't know if this makes a difference but I have been hungry 24/7! And (sorry if tmi again) but just starting today I have been having ewcm. I didn't test again yet, waiting until the 6th (15dpo) AF due the 10th. Good luck to everyone for a bfp!! :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

FXd for you!

did you use OPKs to know you ovulated on the 24th??

ovulation bleeding can occur if the follicle bursts quite abruptly, i think its quite rare though.

do you know how long your LP is? cos if your cycle is 29 days, surely your next AF is due 7th january and you're 12dpo today?? :thumbup:

:hugs:

When I got my BFP, I had had a really sharp, stabbing pain in my left side that went on for half an hour or so (while doing the weekly shop in tesco!!) It had me bent over double over the trolley, and it happened at about 5dpo. I was 4 days late before I got my BFP, I didn't actually test til 4 days late as I had given up on testing after 3 years of trying. But there was no implantation bleeding or anything, no signs, no symptoms.... Nothing except the stabbing pain. I even remember my mum asking me if I could be pregnant a few days later and I said there was no chance!!! Lol

Good luck ladies!!

When I got my BFP, I had had a really sharp, stabbing pain in my left side that went on for half an hour or so (while doing the weekly shop in tesco!!) It had me bent over double over the trolley, and it happened at about 5dpo. I was 4 days late before I got my BFP, I didn't actually test til 4 days late as I had given up on testing after 3 years of trying. But there was no implantation bleeding or anything, no signs, no symptoms.... Nothing except the stabbing pain. I even remember my mum asking me if I could be pregnant a few days later and I said there was no chance!!! Lol

Good luck ladies!!

i feel no symptoms so thats very encouraging :thumbup:

congrats on your little one.. not long left now:happydance:

Thanks everyone!! No never used OPK's :/ but almost positive that I ovulated...oh yes..didn't take into account that Dec has 31 days. Just been so nervous!! With all this yeah I miss calculated! I'm due the 7/8th my cycle has been 29 days for a while now but I have had 30 day cycles. Hm...just nervous hope I get bfp. Good luck to all for a bfp!! :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Thanks everyone!! No never used OPK's :/ but almost positive that I ovulated...oh yes..didn't take into account that Dec has 31 days. Just been so nervous!! With all this yeah I miss calculated! I'm due the 7/8th my cycle has been 29 days for a while now but I have had 30 day cycles. Hm...just nervous hope I get bfp. Good luck to all for a bfp!! :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

FXd for you :happydance: it could still be too early to get a positive just yet. hope the :witch: stays away. how long have you been TTC?? x

FXd for you :happydance: it could still be too early to get a positive just yet. hope the :witch: stays away. how long have you been TTC?? x

Hi, thanks so much! :hug: well not to long actually about 5 cycles but it took me a long time to come to terms with Domninick's (DS) birth and passing, he was born 01-06-2010 and I just recently (About 6 months ago) decided to start trying again. And I know things take time but I was hoping for a miracle bfp before or on the 6th (tomorrow). He was full term and I know EVERY loss of a child is tragic and im not minimizig miscarrage at all, but it was incredibly hard for me to look into his eyes and know that I felt him grow, kick, and deliver him and it was the first and last time I would see him. So hopefully my little :angel: in heaven will give me a miracle bfp tomorrow (14dpo) if nothing Im sure Im out. Hopefully this was IB :/ goodluck to everyone for bfp! :dust: :dust:

Hi, thanks so much! :hug: well not to long actually about 5 cycles but it took me a long time to come to terms with Domninick's (DS) birth and passing, he was born 01-06-2010 and I just recently (About 6 months ago) decided to start trying again. And I know things take time but I was hoping for a miracle bfp before or on the 6th (tomorrow). He was full term and I know EVERY loss of a child is tragic and im not minimizig miscarrage at all, but it was incredibly hard for me to look into his eyes and know that I felt him grow, kick, and deliver him and it was the first and last time I would see him. So hopefully my little :angel: in heaven will give me a miracle bfp tomorrow (14dpo) if nothing Im sure Im out. Hopefully this was IB :/ goodluck to everyone for bfp! :dust: :dust:

im so sorry for your loss hun :hugs: i hope AF hasnt caught you this cycle xxx

at 11dpo i need to keep reminding myself now that implantation may not have even happened yet:haha:

Idk yet but today I'm 14dpo and just started spotting very lightly. I'm thinking its the start to AF because I never experienced any IB or anything like that with my son and I never even heard of IB until I came on this site so I know it's actually not very common at all but who knows! While ttc, anything can happen! Good luck ladies!! Hope we all get our BFPS very soon!!

I never had heard of ovulation bleeding before either and this cycle, I had it. I had my temp shift, pos opk and O cramping at this same time so I know it was from O. Good luck to you!! Isn't it crazy how much stuff we learn about our bodies while ttc?!? I didn't know even half of the stuff I know now! I was in the dark while ttc my son, besides ovulation w help from a doc! Lol tons of baby dust to everyone!!

Bump
I found this so interesting and thought I would bump it just incase anyone is "wondering" about implantation spotting like I am now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->