All i want is cream for thrush:(

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Well me an oh have thrush, i saw midwife today and told her that we have thrush, so she said ill have to wait till monday or go to a pharmact and get some but not tell them im pregnant lol yea right! So i went and no they wont serve me :( so now my mom is going to go and get it me its a joke

Why????
I am really prone to thrush, get it even if inhale a bath that's too hot!
I have used 3 pessaries this preg all prescribed by doc and has said it's perfectly safe to use in preg (I trust him 100%). I comes with a tube of cream too which again is perfectly safe to use!
Totally crazy that they would not serve you!
Hope u feel better soon, I know how horrible it can be, especially while preg :hugs:

Why????
I am really prone to thrush, get it even if inhale a bath that's too hot!
I have used 3 pessaries this preg all prescribed by doc and has said it's perfectly safe to use in preg (I trust him 100%). I comes with a tube of cream too which again is perfectly safe to use!
Totally crazy that they would not serve you!
Hope u feel better soon, I know how horrible it can be, especially while preg :hugs:

If I get in bath too hot I meant to say! Bloody predicting txt! Lol xx

Plain yogurt will do the trick and is not harmful to you in the least :)

Maybe I'm missing something lol. Why can't you get canesten from the chemist? I've used it and its perfectly safe. And you can buy it from the shelf? I hate thrush. It's the worst x

Luckily my mom got it me thankfully its horrid and OH is dead sore

Wow, I called my doctor when I had it and they told me to get the 7 day OTC cream and it was instant relief. Can't believe they wouldn't give you anything, I would have just gone to the store and gotten the OTC stuff myself

Well me an oh have thrush, i saw midwife today and told her that we have thrush, so she said ill have to wait till monday or go to a pharmact and get some but not tell them im pregnant lol yea right! So i went and no they wont serve me :( so now my mom is going to go and get it me its a joke

What on earth?! Go to another pharmacy! I've just done a pessery yesterday and have ad thrush my entire pregnancy and must have used over twenty of the things! Tell the pharmacist to go back to uni!!

i had the same trouble. pharmacys wouldnt serve me so i wwnt asda and brought it. i couldnt wait any longer for a prescription

I did try and hide my bump behind the desk but im afraid its so obvious im pregnant lol but my mom will have too keep getting it me in future

Pharmacists won't give you it unless prescribed by your doctor as it states on that you should see your doc first. I know it seems trivial but they wouldn't be doing their job properly if they just sold it to you.

Bizarre?!
I had pessary and cream prescribed by doctor over phone.
You just can't take it orally x

Funnily enough I've been prescribed pessary and cream today as my thrush was making me have really watery discharge that actually trickled down my leg when woke. Rang midwife and she said to get swabbed and will need pessary treatment ASAP due to me being 36 weeks and the fact that baby can get it during birth if not cleared up.

I'm disgusted with how expensive it is but I think lots of doctors expect us to pay for it even though it's so common in pregnancy. Luckily mine was on prescription this time.

Good luck
X

Well it cost £17 which is a rip off tbf i said to my mom in goin to get a precription and keep it in just incase i have it again which tbf i stand a good chance as this is the 2nd time now ive had it but no way can i afford to pay that type of money each time its a rip off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->