All inclusive holidays/Tunisia

ILoveShoes

Reaction score
Hi :)
We're looking at booking a holiday for next year, and I'm finding it a bit stressful tbh! I've got a few brochures, but am checking places against trip advisor too. For every few good reviews a place has, there seems to be a terrible one, which puts me off!! :(
We went to the travel agent yesterday, and tge lady was raving about Tunisia. Has anyone been?
She could do us a week, all inclusive for just over £1100.
My DH thinks all inclusive is a great idea, as LO can have as many drinks/ice creams as he wants, but I'm a bit wary of it; we went all inclusive on our honeymoon and got really bad food poisoning. We were so ill!
Anyway, any thoughts or recommendations please? Could do with keeping it around the £1200 mark really (which I still think is extortionate, tbh!) so anywhere too far away/exotic is out!!
Thanks.
xx

I think you will always find good & bad reviews no matter what hotel you look at. Have u tried Thomson online? You could see what family friendly hotels they have got at the mo & see what their reviews are like. I think all inclusive is a good idea, i just stay away from fish & eggs so i mostly end up eating chips lol
ive never been to Tunisia, only Spain, which is always family friendly

hope you find somewhere soon :flower:

I personally didn't find Tunisia that great, turkey (club candan I would highly recommend) and alcudia are the most family friendly places we have been. We went to tenerife, playa de las americas in may and although the hotel wasnt overly family friendly the area was great for kids...I always book through Thomson but only ever go self catering so can't help there!

Most people only leave reviews when they have something bad to say!
Xx

We went to Holiday Village Manar in Sept in Tunisia and it was extremely good. Not 5* in my opinion as we've been to many 5* but it got 10/10 for facilities and customer service in our books. I'd highly recommend the place.

Otherwise, I always swear by Cyprus or Italy for family friendly bolts. We usually stay at friend's houses when away with DD but this year we took a jump and went with a package and was pleasantly surprised so would consider again.

AI is very handy but I also like self catering for different reasons.

Tunisia is a lovely beautiful place. The hotels are on a different star rating than ours I find, so a 3 star here would be a 4 star their their are some beautiful hotels, and I would say with Tunisia even if you decided to go half board to buy food out is very cheap, everything their is very cheap. You can eat out 3 people for around 18 dinar (1 dinar =38p) leather handbags 20dinar silver is very cheap, i love shopping their :haha: Tunisians are very friendly people too, you have to keep your wits whilst things like shopping and people trying their luck trying to sell you things but other than that you will be well looked after and they adore children over their. I highly recommend Tunisia for a holiday, you won't be disappointed!
My LO on the beach at port el kantaoui
image.jpg

We stayed in Tunisia in June, we stayed at a First Choice holiday village 'Hotel Manar'.
It was okay, I love to travel, and we usually wing it, without bothering about AI or pre booked hotel as we usually like to travel around what ever country we are in. However I wouldn't travel to 'tourist Tunisia' again. It was horrific with our blonde 3 year old. We went out of the village once and one man tried to cut off a bit of DD's hair, one tried to grab her off me and one tried to buy her (well, asked how much for him to take her to his wife, whatever that meant)... Needless to say we stayed in the hotel the rest of it.

The hotel was fine. It wasn't overly busy, which was great. The pools and kids club were great however hygiene was questionable within the restaurant. We got food poisoning as did many others. When we reported this to FC they said this was fairly common.

For a great holiday I would recommend either the south of France or one of the Greek islands. They're always great for adventure.

I would much rather go SC as I hate eating the same thing day in day out. and I don't like having time constrictions on me.

What about a Disney cruise? Not sure what airfare would be though.

Wer got a very cheap Tunisia all inclusive holiday last year. £775 for 3 people AI for 1 week. NEVER AGAIN. I would warn everyone off the place. It was an absolute nightmare, it was like a derelict disgusting place. I understand that it was never going to be anything like England but it was just vile. I actually started crying when we got to our hotel which was a 5 star and we spent most of the week in our room because there was literally nothing to do. So for me, I wouldn't reccommend it - especially with children. Also my boss and my best friend have also been, to different places and found the place equally as awful as me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->