all of a sudden she hates baths

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
My daughter has always loved baths since birth. However suddenly about 4 weeks ago she started hating them.

She screams from the moment we pick her up to put her in the bath to well after she gets out. The water temperature is always ok. and she hasnt gone under or done anything to make her scared. She creams and tries to climb out at the moment, and obviouslky we cant just not give her baths but im really struggling with how upset they make her.

We have tried sitting her in an empty bath and she scream gettign in the bath with her, praise and even a bit of chocolate when she was sat in the bath not cryign for a few seconds but nothing seems to be working any ideas?

if she was realy scared and nothin u doin is helping id give it a miss for a while, just top and tail her and wash her hair.......i can see this myt be harder if she has long hair, but i did this for a while with my son wen he got hysterical, and then i got him a bath seat and hes only cries for the 1st minute of goin into the bath then he loves it, crys wen i take him out lol x

Lil' started doing this a few weeks ago. She was like it at 6mths too. We went back to our last remedy which was to have baths with her!

Give it a go:thumbup:

Both my boys went through a few phases of being scared of the bath and the shower :( Hopefully it will pass xx

My DS did this at 12 months, but it was when we were on holiday (think that it was new environment and a fairly "enclosed" bath that caused it for us). The way we got out of it was that I got in the bath with him for a few nights. He soon relaxed with that and after 3 nights I stopped bathing with him (through necessity - skiing accident, 8 stitches in knee, couldn't get the wound wet) and he was ok by himself again :)

So try bathing with your LO?

(DS has never been in the habit of bathing with us, but I thought that a little reassurance from mummy in there with him may help and it did :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->